31. The Tattoo

"Don't what me! You've taken me for a fool right? Being there for you, hiding your true identity from your step-brother Jimin, risking my life to take you away with me, fighting with those bulky men for you and you haven't even mentioned anything  about that tattoo until now? After everything..." his gaze zeros on my shoulder as his long but cold fingers brush the straps of my chinma to the side to peek at my town's symbol.

My hands involuntarily go up to my chest to cover myself since this is the first time a man is looking at the Tattoo on my shoulder.

He peeks at me once, no softness in his expression before studying the Tattoo for a good minute as he retreats.

An inverted rose with a snake around its sword twig. The symbol of Gimhae.

Jungkook lets out an audible sigh as his fingers brush past the newly tattooed symbol.

"Do you know how much trouble this is going to cause us?" his voice changes to a guttural voice in a fraction of a second as his eyes fills with warmness unlike the cold, dark look I witnessed few moments before.

"No" my voice is breathy and unrecognisable.

I very well know how bad it can be when a person from another town tresspass the boundaries without an official seal from the mayor let alone having a tattoo which symbolises the entry to adulthood. I was nearly caught when I was brought to Busan by force. Just the thought of it sends shudders down my spine and goosebumps form on my arms.

"You might get killed y/n. For God's sake, killed! Half of the tattoo represents your true identity" speaks Jungkook in a tremulous voice and I reluctantly dart my eyes to scan his face to detect any false words.

Did he just say half of my true identity? What's the rest half then? Which half is he speaking about?

"What do you mean half of my identity?"

"What I mean is, the sword on the tip of your rose twig represents the witch clan. No one in our country has a sword tattooed on their shoulders unless they belong to the witch community. The sword is how we recognise you as a witch, once found can be killed" his eyes turn big and concerned as his lips turn into an obvious frown. He's not even making an effort to hide it.

I freeze at the information I've just received. That stanky excuse of a mayor had intentionally tattooed a sword on my shoulder in case I would run away and get caught. I could have been killed if that lady back at the old, wrecked building saw it. That cunning man had it all planned from the beginning. I wish he rots in hell.

"Isn't there any way to remove this tattoo from my skin?" I desperately hold onto the arms of the tall man before me as my eyes well-up with tears of fear and betrayal. I was betrayed by the man whom I respected and prayed for his safety all my life. He used my naive nature as he pleased to cover up all his wrong-doing.

"I'm afraid the answer is no to your question sweetheart" he tries to pull me close and cup my chin with both of his hands but I toss them away harshly. I don't know what I'm doing and I can't guarantee any safety from my new found powers.

"Don't butter me up Jungkook! You're lying to me. Those are all stupid lies. You can't feed me bullshit. You even tried to play me in the start, how can I believe everything you say now? You're a liar, you can't comfort me. Everyone's a liar and a betrayer in my life. Fuck you—"

"Can you just stop running your mouth for a moment?!" the loud and thick voice of the raven haired echoes throughout the forest and I fall out of words at his sudden outburst. There forms a thick wall of tension between us as we stare at each other without speaking for minutes until he decides to break the silence.