4. My Next Sidechick

My breath hitches at his questions. What do I do? What do I answer?

"y/n?" Hoseok calls my name. "Huh?" I look at him, wide eyed, sweat forming on my temple and plams.

"Are you okay? I called you like 5 times now" he lets out a chuckle.

"yeah" I reply scratching the back of my neck out of habit.

"So, tell me ab-" his sentence gets cut off by a waiter who calls my name to serve the guests.

"I think I should go now, see you later" I smile at him mentally thanking the waiter for saving me from this situation.

I take a tray of wine filled glasses and walk to the room where the guests are half drunk. I walk to each of them, bow with a fake smile plastered on my face. It hurts when you're forced to play the waiter's role while being the daughter of the mayor of a powerful town. Being treated like a trash, many men mentally undressing, getting looks from women, getting pushed by people, moreover not having anyone to share the pain, makes me mentally unstable.

As I walk to everyone holding the wine tray, I bump into a girl spilling wine over her white dress as the glasses fall down and shatter into sharp little pieces just like thorns.

Everything happens so suddenly that within a moment I feel my cheek burning from the slap she gives me. The look in her eyes that could kill me, her fist balled up tightly showing her rage.

Slap. Slap.

"Who do you think you are? Intentionally spilling wine all over my new white dress? Just because you are purchased by my Jimin doesn't make you a queen. You're still a slave who listens to her master. I'll make sure to torture you till death" she yells, anger visible in her fiercy eyes as she bends down, taking a piece of glass and scratching my forearm with it as the blood flows down my already injured hand like river.

The whole party has stopped watching the scene. "What are you still doing slave, clean the place" she spits out with sheer anger.

"Baby? What happened?" someone speaks from behind me.

Unable to look anywhere but the shattered glasses on the wooden floor, I bend my knees and pick up the glass pieces of which some hurt my delicate fingers. I try to not listen to any of their conversations as I continue to do my work.

I stand up after cleaning the place and look at the woman and her man. To my surprise, the man she was speaking to is Jimin.

Just because you're purchased by my Jimin...

I now understand what she meant by my Jimin. He's her boyfriend.

By the look in his eyes, I can perceive that he's promising me to make my life worse than hell.

Scared to look into his eyes anymore, I scurry away from him and to the kitchen. As I run to the kitchen hoseok calls out my name, telling me it's okay, that he's here if I need any sort of comfort. But I run, run out of the mansion and to the garden which is at the left of the mansion. I run as fast as I can to take in the comfort of mother earth.

As I near the flower filled garden, I inhale the scent of various flowers alreading calming my mind from the destruction I felt in the past minutes.

I sit on the bench at the far end of the garden and start to bawl my eyes out.

THIRD PERSON POV

Jungkook watches the stars high above in the sky as he tries to find his brother among them. He slightly smiles as he sees the brightest star, shining so brightly that the moon would be ashamed of himself.