30. Do or die

"Bring those rich, young souls to me so that I can teach them a lesson" a well-built man among the numerous strong men speaks in an authoritative tone as the rest of them comply and take slow but steady steps towards the both of us.

The sharp daggers along with something long in their hands bring shivers down my spine making my sweaty hands clutch onto the unblinking man beside me standing like a solid rock for dear life.

"Jun-jungkook, they're less than three hundred yards away from us.. If.. If we hop onto our horse.. We.. We can run away from here kook, please" I beg the raven haired who is now taking out something in the shape of a gun from our-his luggage.

Is he going to kill them? Just like that? Should I be scared or thankful?

"Let's just go Jungkook. I don't want to see any blood. It's... So scary" the tears in my eyes threaten to roll down as I plead the man who stands still while loading bullets to the gun.

"It's Mauser C96. Don't be worried. And even if we try to run away from here, I'm sure they're going to be hot on our tail until they kill us and satisfy their needs" he briefly looks in my direction as he magically brings a jikdo sword out of nowhere. Damn, this man has some weird powers.

Closing my eyes as I send prayer to the heavens, I hold onto my eunjangdo just in case. It's been a while since I wore this as my necklace and just the thought of me wearing it is raising doubts in my mind ten times more.

They're around two hundred yards away from us now. If we don't hurry, we're going to die here. I don't want to go back to that hell hole again.

Shoot.

Shoot.

Shoot.

Jungkook fires the gun thrice to the men in their legs as if to give a warning.

The ones surrounding them stop right on their tracks, eyes wide like two full moons, surely rage boiling inside of them at this unexpected attack from their prey. Oh no! We've brought ourselves on the wrong side of my father's men.

"One more step and I won't hesitate to kill you rats" the loud but grim voice of Jungkook makes me hide behind his wide shoulders.

"Attack!" the older man yells with red eyes while his minions follow their leader's command.

"Stay here beside our horse. Don't move until I tell you to" warns Jungkook as he takes his own jikdo sword and swiftly makes his way in their direction.

His sword does its job as he avoids few of their attacks. Lunging forward into the human-den, he tries his best to attack them with all his might. Pushing them, kicking them as he brings his sword to their own ones, the clinking of the metals echoing throughout the forest.

Everything goes in our favour until a sneaky little, skinny bastard attacks Jungkook from behind, holding him by his neck as he pulls him down. But Jungkook defeats him by pushing him to the ground, earning a few minute injuries and continues to attack them with every ounce of energy that's left in him.

I wonder if a wounded man can beat nearly ten men-no monsters who are twice his size.

He has a gun and has trained the soldiers of Busan, so he can win against them, right?

A few punches, kicks, gun shots, grunts and swearing answers my question within moments. He has failed. Even as an elite soldier.

Fear sputters in the pit of my stomach as soon as that skinny man kicks Jungkook in his abdomen and pushes him to the ground, scraping his knees. He advances towards my petite figure who's trembling like a weak twig, smirking while holding his jikdo sword.