16. Kim T

"This market is so huge" you speak as you twirl the cloth of your hanbok, walking beside Jungkook who has zipped his mouth shut for some unknown reasons.

Your lips turn into a frown at his absence of mind in the conversation. "Hey, why are you so grumpy today" you speak in a small voice nudging him slightly and peeking a glance at his side profile. He looked concentrated on something as his jaw looked sharper than usual with eyebrows slanted together into a frown and gaze burning holes into some innocent teenager's head.

He was angry, anyone could tell that. But what was even the reason? This big mood swing within minutes after your 'seperation'? Well even a pregnant lady wouldn't have this amount of mood swings as much as this man had.

You huff out an angry breath, folding your arms, each that are holding a bag filled with the necessities you 'bought' among which one was given by Taehyung. Your steps slow down the more you think of him and you lag behind Jungkook who's walking stiff and fast like a soldier.

Your lips automatically curve up into a smile remembering Taehyung's behaviour. He was so sweet and gentle, not to mention he had a big soft spot for children and little animals. A gentleman who lifts up the curve of your lips even in his absence.

But that soon changes into a look of grimace for leaving him to meet this seaweed who's suddenly acting mute. You scrunch your nose into a ridiculous face and show your teeth to mimicry his actions back at the meeting point.

'Why are you so late y/n? I never thought buying these small items would take an hour' scrunching his nose along with his eye roll.

You replay his words mentally, holding your thumb and fore finger in the air to crush him. If only you could do it in real life. You heave out a sigh of displeasure as the reality hits you in the gut. You were nothing but a tiny, infirm maid infront of his thick, veiny and practiced muscle man who would be without any doubt the next mayor of this big town.

Tackling him would just be your fantasy undoubtedly.

"Where are you even running to mister" you call out for him and run behind, afraid of being lost again. But this time in the midst of the thick, blabbering crowd who seemed to give no fucks to other's need. They looked harsh to the outsiders and never gave up on their town people. Again, this was the reason you envied Busan  more than Gimhae. People stood for their brotherhood and never let anyone mendle with them, unless they desired to break their bones of course.

"You're too quite for my liking Jungkook" you speak after a minute full of silence from both of your sides.

He abruptly halts his way hearing the sentence that tumbles out of your lips and you bump into his back with a little more force than necessary. Retreating a few steps while rubbing your nose that was smashed to his though and broad shoulders, you peer up at him with tears upto the brim. No, you weren't crying because you bumped into him, you were crying because of the dust that got into your nose directly from his-now-dirty hanbok. You can bet on everything to prove that he had at least one centimeter of dust sprayed on his cloth. And more surprisingly you were oblivious to that until now.

Coughing out a few times with tears pooling into your eyes, it takes everything in you to not lash out on the raven haired who is now laughing at you, clutching his stomach and leaning forward to take the support of a closed shop to prevent himself from falling down. You throw piercing glares at him while wiping your nose with a handkerchief.

"You deserved it" says Jungkook, looking at you with haughtiness. His tongue darts out to wet his dry lips before poking the inside of his cheek with a certain amount of pride.

"Oh, you can speak too?" you look at him with fake excitement, clapping your hands together which doesn't go unnoticed by the tall male. He half-smirks before taking a step towards you to look into your eyes or more looking directly into your soul.

"Isn't that obvious darling? I can speak, I can dance, I can fight, I can read, I can write, I can tease, I can do almost everything you can't. Thought you knew" he bites his lip to contain another set of laughter and you pout looking at the ground, unable to answer back. If only your father wasn't so strict but let you learn the things you wanted to, you wouldn't be so embarrassed now. Well what's the point of reminiscing them now, past is past and its gone so you must try to put those memories in the back of your head to move on.

"Why are you so silent now hmm? Cat got your tongue darling?" he teases more, looking down at you with your jutted out pink bottom lip and hands fiddling with the handle straps of the bag. You look so cute and innocent that he almost forgets the incidents that happened not few minutes ago until his eyes fall on the tiny mark at the bottom corner of the bag you are holding.

'Kim T'

Of course it had to be that bastard Taehyungs', no one could gift you such an expensive bag except for Kim Taehyung himself. He owned a complete fucking factory. He owned everything Jungkook couldn't. He owned everything Jungkook put his eyes on and the raven haired couldn't be more scared of the fact hitting him hard right now. He knew Taehyung saw him with that signature smirk of his and it was all for him to understand you were placed on the centre of the sword with Taehyung and Jungkook at the either ends.

And the seemingly composed man infront of you was standing at the sharp edge of the sword while Kim stood safely on the other end. But you had to walk on the sharp edges to move either side.

Jungkook was concerned but he couldn't show it infront of you. His first step was to find out how much you remember from the night thirteen years ago. If you had a little clue of that night, it would be easy for him and Mr. Park to tell you the whole story but if you didn't, it was going to be hard for his heart.

"—Hello? Earth to Jungkook! Are you day dreaming while standing in the centre of the market?" you look at him wide eyed, lips trembling to conceal the smile with your sharp gaze daring him to lie.

"Our little y/n got a little brave, uh?" he speaks with his voice toned down as he arches his brows. That's enough to get you back to your usual shy self and Jungkook smirks in victory. He knows you wouldn't overstep your boundaries since he has much knowledge about you and that including your real name or apparently what you assume to be your real name. Sooner or later you would be getting to know your true past and not some buildup shit. He wants to be the one telling you everything and not some third person. He just needs a good time and place to take his plan into action.

A good time and place, until then he'll have to build your trust in him and not Kim Taehyung. He couldn't afford to fall into the same river twice, today's beginning was already enough for the plate.

"So, how much money did you spend to buy these?" he asks and starts to walk back to the exit of the market fully in knowledge of the store incident. He saw everything, followed you discreetly to check your honesty of not running away. And the answer you would be giving him would make his trust in you better or much worse.

"Hmm? How much money did you spend to buy these" he looks back at you to make sure you were following him.

And there you were, tripping on every step you take, mind having a hard time in making up a reason to lie.

"I—"

Shit! I'm screwed today.