047

April 4th, 1991
OLYMPIA WASHINGTON

-

"Dave!" I called into the house. I had just gotten back from the store. I set the bags on the counter, still hearing no response from Dave. I waited a bit longer and still nothing.

"Dave?" I said again.

"Dani! It's here! It's fucking here!" Dave said from behind me making me jump out of my skin.

"Jesus, you scared me. What? What's here?" I asked looking at his excited expression. He pulled out the envelope that had the most valuable piece of information ever. I had another ultrasound a week ago, and they sent us the card with the babies gender. We had been waiting for so long. And it was finally here.

"Holy, shit. Dave, oh my god." I freaked out as he ripped it open and pulled the folded ultrasound picture that would in fact tell us wether I was gonna have a baby girl or boy. I was nervous I basically felt the sweat pouring off of my body.

"Wait. You do it, I can't." Dave said shoving the still folded picture in my face, "no. I'll do it." He said taking it back. He pulled it open and we both looked it it intently. My eyes followed around the pictures and the words... until. Bingo. I found the one fatal word that would change everything. I couldn't even believe that it was true.

"Oh my god." I said putting my hands to my face. I couldn't wait to tell everyone. This would change absolutely everything.

-

The next day, me and Dave had planned to tell everyone the babies gender. We still didn't fully comprehend what we had found out the night before, but it was on the tip of our tongues to tell everyone. Dave didn't have anything booked until August. Which, ironically, is the month we're supposed to have the baby. We decided to invite everyone, including Shelli who we hadn't seen in forever, to come over tonight. And then we'd spill.

"Oh fuck. I'm nervous." I said to Dave as the night got darker, anyone could be here anytime.

"Don't be," he was cut off by a knock at the door, "come on!" He said.

We opened the door to see Kurt and Courtney smiling.

"Hey! Oh my god, your house is beautiful! Two stories? Oh god!" Courtney said at a loss for words. I really was lucky to have a two story house. I wouldn't ever have thought about living in this place for a million years.

"It's real nice, guys." Kurt looked around aimlessly. It still needed a bit of decoration, but so far it was looking okay.

"So, did you guys...." Courtney asked. I nodded hesitantly before she stared squealing.

"Spill! What is it?" She asked grabbing my hands and jumping up and down.

"We have to wait for Chris and Shelli, okay?" I told her calming her down a bit. I was so excited to tell just everyone. And if Chris would get his slow driving ass over here it would go a lot faster.

"God, they better come soon!" Courtney waited with anticipation for the door to knock again. And thankfully it did after a couple minutes. Everyone filed in, said hello. Got comfy, talked a bit. Sat on the couches, until finally it was time to tell them.

"Okay. I know you all have been waiting," Dave trailed off grabbing my hand, "and we did find out what it was last night." He confirmed.

"We're really scared, and really excited. But, we're just gonna tell you and get it over with." He finished tucking some of his long hair behind his ears.

"Okay. So... me and Dave," everyone stared intently, "are having a baby boy."

"No fucking way! Oh my god, Dani! No way! You're gonna be a soccer mom!" Courtney said jumping up from excitement and trapping in a hug.

"Oh, man, that's great!" Kurt exclaimed with a smile.

"Danielle! You're gonna have a baby boy!" Shelli said not having many words ready to say. Everyone hugged everyone and cheered with everyone. It was a real catharsis moment, for everyone. Especially me and Dave. I was so excited to have a baby boy. And especially excited to have one with the love of my life.