017

"fuck it....."

OLYMPIA WASHINTON
1990

-

"Hey guys." Krist said as we walked into the pretty big building getting set up. Chairs were being unfolded, and tables were being set. It was really nice here. Krist had a girl at his side who, I'm assuming, is his wife Dave had mentioned. She gave me a beautiful smile

"Hi, I'm Shelli." She said sticking her hand out ready for me to shake. I couldn't believe the overall sweetness and positive vibes I was getting from her.

"Dani." I answered shaking her hand. She was very very friendly. Dave gave Krist a quick handshake. Some way to say hello I guess. I laughed at him sweetly before turning back to Shelli.

"Their dorks huh?" Shelli giggled taking a seat on the couple of chairs next to us. I decided to join her as Dave walked with Krist into the other room. I'm guessing Kurt was there as well.

"For sure." I answered her. It was quite nicer in here than I expected. The clock was already reading 6:30. There wasn't much time before they had to go on stage. I'm just nervous for him, honestly. I was more anxious, actually.

"So, you long have you and Dave been together?" Shelli brightly asked. I honestly didn't know. I had to really think about this, we started dating in late January so it would be.... about 9 months.

"8 or 9 months." I giggled being in disbelief myself. Shelli smiled vibrantly and turned to look into the other room. I joined her and saw Dave, Krist, and Kurt sitting around and talking. It was almost time for them to go on. Dave was pale as a ghost, nervous as shit honestly. I could tell he was terrified.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Our first act of the night, which is a very awaited one. Three young men who have come a very long way," the three came out of the room in a rush. Dave was swallowed hard with his drumsticks in one hand. I tried to help him out by smiling at him. But it didn't seem to work that well.

"Please welcome....Nirvana!" The announcer said just as they walked out of the backstage area. I grinned as the loud crowd starting cheering for them. Shelli waved me over to the small opening by the curtains where the stage could be seen. I was so excited as the music began playing, and Dave relaxed into the music more. He started smiling and it just hit me right in the heart.

I watched the whole show from the small opening at the edge of the curtains. Dave seemed to be having the time of his life and it just made me stare. I couldn't look away from the happiness on his face it just mirrored onto mine. His happiness made me happy and the only thing I wanted was to see him happy. I watched in awe. Dave wasn't what I expected him to be when I first met him. He's sweet, and kind. Goddammit, I really am in love......

-

Just as the lights dimmed from the stage, my ears perked up again. Dave was finally done, the show was done and I could grab him and pull him into the biggest hug ever. I was so proud of him and happy for him. I loved him more than I did before.

"Dave!" I exclaimed seeing him with the drumsticks still clutched in his hand. He was sweating so much, but I didn't care at all. I ran right into him holding his waist in my arms. Kurt sat down and pulled a cigarette out watching the TV play the news next to him. Shelli was congratulating her husband.

"What's wrong?" He chuckled putting his long hair behind his ears and wiping the sweat off of his forehead. He pulled his black t shirt up as a towel. It was so hot for no reason, I swear I was getting shaky already.

"Nothing. It's just...." I never finished but just pulled his shirt collar down, making his eyes meet mine, "I love you." I said before leaning forward just enough to press my lips to his. Dave giggled as I pulled away obviously confused at me.

"Well, I love you too, Dani." Dave chuckled wrapping an arm around, "should we go back to the hotel?" He nudged my shoulder implying something that I'd been waiting hours for. I smirked at him with a side look.

"Of course." I said softly before he waved goodbye to everyone and lead me out the door. Like a gentlemen, he opened the passenger door for me and shut it lightly before hopping into the other side of the car.

"Fuck it, I can't wait any longer." Dave mumbled before hungrily crashing his lips on mine and curling his around around my waist and under my shirt. He was slow to pull it over my head and for a moment he just stopped and looked at me.

"Goddamn." He mumbled against before continuing to undress me. Car sex..... there's no better kind, huh?