1 | The Fall of the Sun

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Fili | King Under The Mountain

Location: Erebor, Middle Earth, Arda

Time: September 2980 T.A

Papers, and more papers.

When he became king under the mountain, he was expecting his days' training and ruling upon his throne...not stuck in his study going through reports on the stocks of food and the exports of metal and weapons down to Dale and the Iron Hills.

He just returned from a meeting with his councillors, who already battered him with more problems about the raids and the worry of food for the winter. More suggestions to fortify east of the mountain as well as keeping an eye on any spies amongst their ranks.

His entire mind was going upside down and inside out that he had already cracked out the bottle of whiskey in his special cupboard. Or perhaps he might try the Dorwinion wine King Thranduil gave to him as a coronation gift. If he was ever in a bad mood, he would usually take a glass of the potent wine (of course hiding any indication of it from his wife. Sigrid would definitely hit him until he dumped the entire keg out).

Of course, he had Obara's help; his ever competent and caring daughter that he thanked Mahal for being born. Her mixed blood changed what her age had been, now rather being of age at a shorter span and already a warrior in the making. However, Obara was currently in Dale aiding Bain's son, Brand, with their people and ensuring a passage was safe between Mirkwood, Dale and Erebor. He did not like that his daughter was out there on her own, though a little more assured considering Dwalin was by her side.

Dwalin, his uncle's best friend and one of his childhood teachers: had changed ever since the death of his brother Balin. He had gotten cold for the next few months, hating the elves of Mirkwood for practically existing. But Dwalin also mourned. He mourned for he knew – that everyone knew – that Balin's death had saved another's life. Perhaps a life that they all felt rather awkward to know of, but respected.

They called it The Battle of Unity: written in the books and spoken in the wind. How three different races came together to defeat their common enemy, Azog the Defiler and his orc and goblin army.

What nobody knew was that it was all because of one woman: Illyria Ettelëa.

However, she had disappeared just after the end of the battle.

He didn't exactly know the reason why Illyria had left. At first, he was upset that she had just somehow left without telling them, though he believed after that it was not willingly. Lord Elrond of Rivendell returned to Dale already bearing the news of the death of Lord Glorfindel, the blonde-haired elf he had constantly seen with Illyria during their time in the valley. It was only after Thorin's recovery that she revealed her past life.

The once Lady Elemmírë of Rivendell.

He had only heard of that name as a whisper, word of inspiration and respect as the elven woman once aided the dwarves once of Belegost and Nogrod during the Ancient War. Someone who knew his ancestors from Moria before the ancient elven war against Sauron occurred.

It was hard to believe at first, but it wasn't much of the belief. For him, he felt honoured that she would reveal her story to him and the Company. The amount of trust Illyria Ettelëa had for them told him that she was entrusting them with the secret she held.

As he held the sheet of parchment in his hands, ready to read another page of this report – a knock on the door saved him. He put the report down and ordered them to enter.