16 | He's Supposed to Be A Baby Right?

16 | He's Supposed to be A Baby Right?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Illyria Strange | Elemmírë Oialëa

Location: Imladris, Middle Earth, Arda

Time: October 2980 T.A

This was not what she expected.

What she was supposed to expect was for her brother to arrive from the Trollshaws: aiding the twins, Bilbo Baggins and Thorin Oakenshield. She predicted that there was a high chance that the Nine could have already taken them, injuring (to her dismay) her hobbit friend and that Glorfindel would have raced all the way to Rivendell. Elrond would tend to him, keep him alive with the ring on a chain around his neck.

Instead – just down in the Healing Halls – was Frodo Baggins.

Never had she felt the weight of mind completely slam down into a thrash of might, boulders crashing as they hurled down the cliff of predictions she and Maedhros made. She almost threw up the moment she felt him: Frodo's own fëa fading away to the Halls as Glorfindel placed him down on the bed. She and Arwen did all they could – stabilizing him until Elrond would return.

It was just the three of them afterwards; her brother left to make sure Elrond and Maedhros did everything to push the Nazgul away from the valley. Hopefully, their plan (which was technically Elrond's) on raising the waters of the Bruinen River will at least delay the inevitable.

But as Maedhros spoke to her when they discussed this secretly from Elrond and Glorfindel's ears: the Nine would soon gain up again and perhaps pursue the Ring at another time.

Now: The Ring was here. In Imladris.

The home which Elrond, Lord of Rivendell, had defended and grown was now in the eyes of not only Sauron – but Saruman too. It won't be long until armies would fill the valley, both elves and orcs and whatever the heck they had up their sleeves.

Whilst Illyria had been up on the balcony, scribbling down notes as she sat back on the chair. In front of her notes, she glanced over to the small device that had arrived with the metal case. The locator had been on ever since Glorfindel left, giving out pretty much the same data every day he was gone. It was supposed to indicate anomalies that came about ten miles out from the valley's borders.

Maedhros and her spent an entire day placing satellite detectors and cameras whilst making sure he wasn't found out by any of the guards that he was Fëanorian.

They almost got found out by one of the border patrols. Thank fuck she placed a disillusionment spell before the poor ellon found her. He was perhaps even more confused, wondering why the Lady of Rivendell was talking to herself.

But then again he wasn't too surprised. Did that mean Elemmírë talked to herself as well?

Unfortunately, as her hope seeing any change today: it was just her wondering back to the young hobbit.

The sound of the door closing from inside caught her attention, causing her to snap from her thoughts and straighten her posture.

Elrond walked over to the balcony, the private little alcove that was apparently once her old room. Arwen said that Elemmírë used to tell her that it was always filled with scrolls and books about everything she researched – from languages to star maps and knowledge and culture of Gondolin. Most of her stuff was now in Elrond's study and the library as well as the scholar's guildhall. What remained was just that – memories.