8 | Hot Elves in My Area

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Illyria Strange | Elemmírë Oialëa

Location: Illyria & Maedhros' House, Oxford, UK, Earth

Time: May 2027

"Guess you'll be going back to London?"

They were standing out on the pavement, Elrond by her right whilst Maedhros was on her left alongside Glorfindel. Elros was standing in front of them, closing the boot of his car after he returned Elrond's armour intact and smelling like Surf out of all brands. [1]

(Don't ask Illyria how she knew, but the moment she justified it to Elros he just simply rose his arms up in surrender whilst Maedhros snorted.)

She was surprised Elros wasn't as hungover, or perhaps he just had a good reflex at these things. Considering the man was a high paying business entrepreneur, she imagined him to constantly be cradling a glass of whiskey in his hand during meetings and all that jazz.

That and the fact that she knew him ever since he was a kid. Human or elf: Elliot Madden was the same man she used to love sparring in the forests of Beleriand.

Maybe it was why it was easy to say farewell to him.

She remembered her trips to Númenor, meeting Elros with his new court and family multiple times during his life. After a few centuries, she stopped as soon as the war with Sauron got too much. She had always been the one who had to say the goodbyes because she knew that maybe one trip later Elros wouldn't ever greet her at the pier again.

When that day did happen, it wasn't as painful as she thought it would have been. But Elrond, who only saw his brother so rarely during their years, never got used to saying goodbye to his twin brother. It was why she kept an eye on the brothers, to make sure they were happy with their agreement.

"No hate speech back at me?" Elros questioned, folding his arms across his chest.

She rose an eyebrow and replied frankly, "Elros: you're forty with a kid and wife. This isn't your fight anymore."

He nodded before glancing to Elrond. Elros carefully asked, "And what about you, brother?"

She felt him tense next to him, but Elrond simply answered, "Illyria already said what I already did. If I had the choice, I would."

He wasn't only referring to himself. Everybody seemed to be feeling it after everything they discussed last night. If they had the choice of walking away from all the mess, Illyria would have done it in a heartbeat. She would choose the safety of her family than having to face the dangers of the world.

Instead, their family was in Arda, in danger from dangerous and powerful entities and they might be the only ones who could change the course of the impending war they're going across.

But Elliot Madden – or Elros – didn't need that in his life. It was some sort of silent agreement between Elrond and Elros that she saw as they had their last conversation outside in the garden during sunrise.

She didn't eavesdrop at all, only catching them laughing as they spoke about their times of the past. How she wished for them to be together again, to give the twins a breath of fresh air from duty and war and all the hardship. It was the side of Elemmírë that made her want it for them – a time for them to reconcile and mend the distant bond they hand.