Angels like you (Harry Styles)

As I walked onto the stage of the BRIT awards to collect my award for best female artist this year the other celebs clapped and whistled at me. My face blushed as I started my speech "this actually means the world to me, thank you so much for all the support in this industry being a woman can be hard and tough but so are we!" After my speech I was asked to preform my new song 'Angels like you' my breath was caught in my throat as I seen him in the front row, Harry Styles, my ex fiancé. I'd actually wrote this song about him, our eyes caught for a second before he turned look away from me.
The music began.
Flowers in hand, waiting for me
Every word in poetry
Won't call me by name, only "baby"
The more that you give, the less that I need

Everyone says I look happy
When it feels right
The papers would report on every single sight of Harry and I and most of the times I was really happy with him but I knew from the beginning that this wasn't right.

I know that you're wrong for me
Gonna wish we never met on the day I leave
I brought you down to your knees
'Cause they say that misery loves company
I remember that night like it was yesterday when in reality it was just over a year, he'd gotten on one knee. "Baby, you make me the happiest man and I want to spend the rest of my life beside you. Y/n will you marry me"

It's not your fault I ruin everything
And it's not your fault I can't be what you need
Baby, angels like you can't fly down hell with me
I'd just came home to be met by a smiling Harry from the couch. "Hey baby" he greeted me with a kiss on the forehead this all felt wrong.
"Harry we need to talk" I sat down beside him on our couch his face presented slight worry as his brows furrowed. "I can't do this anymore, I can't marry you, I can't be with you" a tear dropped from my eye. "It's not your fault"
I'm everything they said I would be
When Harry and I first went public with our relationship there was obviously different opinions on the news some of which were negative. 'Y/N AND HARRY'S RELATIONSHIP WONT LAST SHES TOO WILD TO BE TIED DOWN' the headline read as we announced our engagement.

La, la, la
I'm everything they said I would be

I'll put you down slow, love you goodbye
Before you let go, just one more time
Take off your clothes, pretend that it's fine
A little more hurt won't kill you tonight
"I'm sorry" I looked down at my hands with tears falling from my eyes. I looked back up at him for any response but to my surprise he leant in to kiss me. "Harry" I said breathless as he pulled back. He took off his top and started to climb the stairs he looked back at me still sitting of the couch.
"Are you coming?" He continued up as I followed behind him.

mama says, you don't look happy
Close your eyes
It's been about a week since I'd left Harry and broke off our engagement I've heard nothing of him not even in magazines. "Y/n" I heard my mam shout coming in to the room shortly after. "Have you seen this? He looks miserable" she showed me a photo of Harry that was being posted on Twitter he looks really down with red puffy eyes and no sign of a smile. I felt really guilty. "Are you sure this is what you want?" She asked breaking the silence.

I know that you're wrong for me
Gonna wish we never met on the day I leave
I brought you down to your knees
'Cause they say that misery loves company
It's not your fault I ruin everything
And it's not your fault I can't be what you need
Baby, angels like you can't fly down hell with me
I'm everything they said I would be
I know that you're wrong for me
Gonna wish we never met on the day I leave
I brought you down to your knees
'Cause they say that misery loves company
It's not your fault I ruin everything (everything)
And it's not your fault I can't be what you need
Baby, angels like you can't fly down hell with me, oh!

Angels like you can't fly down hell with me
The song faded out and I finally opened my eyes, the room was filled with cheering I looked back at Harry. He was looking down at the floor but I could see tears in his eyes. I exited the stage and walked back to my seat filled with guilt.