Singing for you (Pete Davidson)

(Song- cardigan by Taylor swift)
Me and Pete broke up about 6 months ago, it wasn't working out with my tours and his movie roles we were just too busy. But even as a mutual decision I couldn't help but feel hurt and heart broken.
Today was the day I was dreading, my manager has scheduled for me to preform my new song I had wrote about mine and petes relationship on the end of SNL. I was told that Pete wouldn't be there but even though I still had a horrible
Feeling, I decided to suck it up and preform the best I could.
(Time skip)
I was stood on the stage, I could hear the music begin.

"Vintage tee, brand new phone
High heels on cobblestones
When you are young, they assume you know nothing" all the stress of maybe seeing Pete after all this time had gone as I got lost in singing.
"Sequin smile, black lipstick
Sensual politics
When you are young, they assume you know nothing"

"But I knew you
Dancin' in your Levi's
Drunk under a streetlight, I
I knew you
Hand under my sweatshirt
Baby, kiss it better, I" The memories of me and Pete began to flood back, I loved the way he was goofy when we were drunk. He was always so sweet towards me.

"And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite" I felt a single tear begin to form in my eye. (Skip)

"But I knew you'd linger like a tattoo kiss
I knew you'd haunt all of my what-ifs
The smell of smoke would hang around this long
'Cause I knew everything when I was young
I knew I'd curse you for the longest time" I sang and remembered the smell of his cigarettes still on his side of my bed.

"Chasin' shadows in the grocery line
I knew you'd miss me once the thrill expired
And you'd be standin' in my front porch light
And I knew you'd come back to me
You'd come back to me
And you'd come back to me
And you'd come back
And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite"
The music began to fade as the gong was finished. I knew that a few tears had dropped down my face, I wiped them away in hopes that nobody seen. The applause filled the room along with cheers, I turned to look at my friend who was standing at the side of the stage and that's when I seen him. My Pete. Well just Pete. He looked sad, he must have known that song was about him. My stomach dropped when our eyes met.
I walked off stage and straight past Pete not wanting him to see my watery eyes, my plan of avoiding him didn't work though as I felt his hand grab my arm. I turned to him and our eyes met, he immediately pulled me into a hug, I breathed in his scent that was still familiar. "I'm sorry" I heard him whisper. "I shouldn't have let you leave, I should have fought for us" he kept going. I looked up and planted a kiss on his lips for 2 reasons, because I missed him and to shut him up.