Chapter Ten: Expiriment

•ten•

Beatrix

"Beatrix!" Glenn calls for me as I'm walking out of the house.

"Glenn!" I run up to him and grab his collar, shaking him, "Did you get all of the medical supplies?"

"Beatrix, calm down," Glenn grabs my shoulders and I stop shaking him. "Yes, I got all of your medical supplies."

"Promise?" I ask, my hands still gripping his collar.

"Yes, Beatrix, I promise," Glenn sighs and I loosen my grip a little.

"Take me to it," I demand and grab onto his arm so he can walk.

"You can be really scary," Glenn swallows and starts walking towards the cars. "You know, with your medical supplies."

"Not scary, just passionate," I shrug as he continues walking.

"Everything alright here?" Shane asks, stopping Glenn and I.

"I wouldn't try to stop her if I were you," Glenn mutters and Shane raises an eyebrow. "She's on a hunt for medical supplies."

"You should come with us," I tell Shane. "I need to talk to you and Rick about something when I'm done."

"Alright," Shane rubs his head and falls into step with us. Somehow he's managed to shave his head, which is really different, but it suits him.

"Bed of the truck," Glenn points to Otis' blue truck. I let go of his arm and hop into the bed. There are two duffle bags, not as big as mine, but they still seem to be filled up.

"Glenn, you're officially my favorite person ever," I smile at him and then sit down, unzipping the bags and quickly looking through them.

"What'd you need me for?" Shane props himself up on the truck.

"We need to talk to Rick," I mutter, getting up. Shane holds my arm as I jump out of the truck so I don't fall.

"Let's go then," Shane nods to me and we walk off, leaving Glenn. Rick is sitting on the porch of the farmhouse when we find him.

"Something wrong?" Rick stands up and takes a couple of steps towards us.

"No, man, Beatrix said she wanted to talk to us about somethin'," Shane rubs his head again.

"I had an idea," I look around to make sure nobody could hear us. "About a cure. Well, not exactly a cure, but rather an immunity to the disease."

"An immunity?" Rick whispers, leaning closer to make sure nobody hear us.

"Yes, an immunity. Jenner and I theorized that the reason this disease kills you so quickly, is that it's set in so quickly," I explain. "You have no defense system to it so your whitle blood cells can't fight it off. If your bloodstream were to have exposure, even the slightest bit, to the disease, it could built up an immunity to it. If I'm right, I could have our whole group immune to the virus."

"What's this got to do with me?" Shane asks, putting a hand on his hip.

"Remember back at the CDC when Jenner tested all of our blood?" I ask and they nod, urging me to go on. "Well, he let me see the results, and I have a copy if you don't believe me. I compared everybody's white count, and I thought we could try out my theory on the person with the highest. But that's only if you guys think it's a good idea."

"Who has the highest white count?" Shane asks, already knowing it was him. I gave him a small nod that let him know he was right. "Let's say I were to agree to this. How would you expose my bloodstream to it?"