Chapter Eleven: Medical Trailer

•eleven•

Beatrix

"What'd you find out?" Rick asks Daryl and I once we get back from our little scouting mission.

"It's overrun," Daryl grunts and I smack his very-healthy-arm. "What? It is. "

"True, but we came up with a plan to get in there and get the medical trailer out," I smile happily.

"We did?" Daryl looks confused.

"Yes, we did. Well, I did," I shrug and turn back to Rick. "There's a housing development behind the school, about eight miles away from here. I was thinking that we could draw the walkers over there long enough to get in there, get the trailer, and get out."

"That sounds a little risky," Rick says skeptically. "How would we even draw them over there?"

"Set a house on fire," I say as Rick's eyes widen.

"Beatrix, that's insane," Rick shakes his head.

"Yeah, but so is the thing," I whisper, knowing Daryl won't ask questions. "How's he doing?"

"He seems fine," Rick tells me before looking to Daryl. "What do you think?"

"She seems to want that trailer awful bad," Daryl nods his head and bites his thumbnail. "I say we go for it."

"We need to figure out a plan to get it done then," Rick agrees.

"I've got it covered," I say before handing Rick his gun back. "I thought about it on the ride back here."

"Well I'll gather the group. You can let us all know what we do then," Rick takes his gun and goes over to our little camp site.

"Thank you," I say to Daryl. "For backing me up on this."

"Ain't no problem," Daryl walks off to the rest of the group, standing a little ways away from them. I take that as my cue to walk over and stand beside of Rick.

"Beatrix got the idea to try and go to an abandoned high school," Rick motions to me. "To get a FEMA medical trailer. It's full of medical supplies that we could use, right, Beatrix?"

"Yes! Daryl went with me to look so he can vouch," I nod my head and begin to tell them about my plan. "So the school is overrun, but I have devised a plan to get in there and get out without any problem."

"Oh yeah, and what's that?" Andrea asks in a rude tone. If she would calm herself down I would get to the actual plan part.

"There's a housing development behind the school that we could lure all of the walkers to," I explain. "We could set one of the houses on fire and maybe throw in some fireworks to make some noise. Most of them should wander over to see what's happening, and we could easily take out the few that stay. It'll buy us enough time to hook the trailer up to a truck and bring it back here. And since we don't exactly have a truck that would haul it, we could stop by the highway and get one."

"So you're just going to give up looking for my baby girl to go get this stupid trailer?" Carol asks, looking astonished.

"We could double it as looking for her," I smile at her and cross my arms over my chest. "We'll comb the housing development for any signs of her."

"I'll take a horse out tomorrow and look around some more too," Daryl speaks up. Carol nods her head in appreciation and falls quiet again.

"How many people are you gonna need on this?" Shane asks, rubbing his head. It seems like all I've been doing today is answering questions.