Chapter Thirty-Two: Damn Leg Part Two

•thirty-two•

Daryl

My eyes blink a few times, trying to rid them of the blurry sensation. After a few attempts, my vision begins to clear, and I can finally look at my surroundings. I'm at the fuckin' hotel, layin' on Trixy's side of the bed. What the hell?

"Daryl, it's okay," I hear a soothing voice speak to me. "You're okay."

"Trixy?" I mumble reaching up for the blurred face in front of me. What the hell is going on?

"No, Daryl. It's Beth," the voice replies. Dammit! "Beatrix isn't here. They still have her."

"I've gotta' go get her," I say, trying to sit up.

"You can't," Beth lightly pushes me back down. "Stay right here. I have to go get Rick.

I ain't got time for this. After Beth leaves the room, I push myself up, which causes everything to blur again. I rub my head in my hands before swinging my legs off the bed. My right leg gives out as soon as I try to stand up, so I end up falling right back down on the bed.

Rick walks in while I'm attempting to stand up for the second time, and instead of forcing me to sit down, he wraps my arm around his neck and helps me walk to the couch. He helps me sit down before sitting down in a chair across from me.

"You were out for about eight hours. While you were, Merle, Glenn, and I went out to look for Bea," he says in a cam voice.

"Well where the hell is she?" I yell, throwing my hands up in the air.

"She's there," Rick sighs. "But we couldn't get her. They've got heavy artillery and lots of men."

"The hell's wrong with you?" I spit, trying to stand up again. "If you ain't gonna get her out, I will. Damn idiots."

"Stop it, Daryl," Rick demands as I fall back down on the couch. "We've been devising a plan to get her back. Calm down. We couldn't just go in there guns blazin'. None of us would have made it out alive. We're going to head back out as soon as we figure out a plan."

"I'm goin' with ya," I say. Ain't no way in hell I'm leavin' Trixy alone with her fate in someone else's hands. I need to be there to make sure she gets outta' there.

"You can't even walk by yourslef," he says as he crosses his arms.

"I'll figure it out," I grunt, once again attempting to stand up. This time it works, and although I struggle, I manage to get myself balanced enough to still for now. "Where's my bow?"

"In the lobby," Rick replies, knowin' that I ain't backin' down. He knows that if he doesn't take me, I'll get there somehow. "It's really not in your best interest to go."

"It really ain't in your best interest to be tellin' me what to do," I threaten. "Ya already left her once. I'm gonna' make sure it don't happen again."

"All right, Daryl," Rick holds his hands up defensively. "Calm down."

"Wouldn't be tellin' me that if I was you," I mumble as I attempt to limp out of the room.

Looking down at my leg, I can see that my pant leg has been cut off a little bit past my knee, but all of my skin is covered up with bandages. Though I'm assuming they were once white, they're now red and soaked in blood. All I know is that I'm thankful that Trixy decided to start teachin' Beth.

Upon stumbling into the lobby, I notice that everyone's staring at me. I grunt, and they all immediately look away. I guess they're afraid of me or somethin'. Whatever it is, I'm glad it got them to look away. They need to mind their own damn business for a while.