t w e n t y - f o u r (rewriting)

!Warning: drug/alcohol use!

"I know you're lying."

Kylie River

He was standing there.

Eyes wide open. Pale face.

Dray's arms were still wrapped around my body. Dray looked up and his eyes immediately widened as he saw Tom.

I didn't know what to do.

I looked at Dray, then back at Tom.

For fucks sake, I didn't mean anything like this to happen. I wanted to talk to Tom, but I didn't want for him to see that.

He doesn't deserve this.

"Tom I-" I tried to say something but I knew it wouldn't change anything. He was hurt.

I could see his eyes starting to become bloodshot, as water began to collect at the bottom lid of his eye.

I never meant to hurt him. I-

I could see him inhale sharply as he lifted his hand to interrupt me.

"Why haven't you told me anything? Why did you make me believe we had a chance?" He asked furiously as he looked me in the eyes.

I looked over to Dray. He was staring at us. Not saying a single word.

But I didn't know what to say either.

My mouth stood wide open. I wanted to say something, explain everything, but I couldn't move a muscle.

"Forget everything we had. I'm so done with this. I hope he will treat you better." He pointed at Dray, who was still staring at him.

"You know he could never give you the life you want."

I could feel Dray's muscles tense as he narrowed his eyes at him.

"Why are you so sure, huh?" Dray hissed wrapping his hands harder around my waist.

I wanted to free myself from his grip but I couldn't.

"Stop denying it! We both know it, Dray." Tom's eyes bored into Drays.

"You'd never be good enough for Kylie." He said, pausing briefly between each word.

I know Dray was getting angry. He stood up and walked over to Tom.

"Say that again, I dare you." He hissed, gritting his teeth.

Dray was a little bit taller than Tom but judging by Toms's look, he would not hesitate to punch Dray.

I knew this will not end well. I need to talk to Tom alone. It just gets more complicated when Dray's near us.

I stood up and walked over to them too.

"Dray please don't interfere," I said calmly grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back.

This is my fault. I have to fix this problem myself.

"Tom, I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't want to get you to see that I-"

"Yeah, you have been lying the whole time." Tom interrupted me as his gaze bored into mine once again.

My mouth stood wide open. I didn't know what to say.

He was right. I have been lying the whole time. I wanted to apologize, I wanted to explain why it happened, but I knew it wouldn't change anything. I didn't want to lose Tom. He was my friend. But I knew that our friendship would never be the same again.