t h i r t y - s i x (rewriting)

"You missed that, right?"

Kylie River

"So you and our Boss huh?"

Tyler raised an eyebrow and gave me a surprised look.

I couldn't help but smile and didn't answer as I started packing my things.

"It is," I said and took a deep breath.

"Complicated. But we talked about it and I think we're doing pretty good so far." I looked at him but couldn't see any kind of joy on his face.

What's going on now?

I don't even know if we are in a relationship now. After all, I hadn't even talked to Dray about that. I was so happy that it finally seemed like it could be better for the both of us, but Tyler's look made me worried

"What?" I asked and stopped cleaning up for a moment while staring at him.

His look wandered back and forth, from the window and then back to me and I wanted to know what he was thinking.

"I don't mean that you two are bad for each other, it's just, I know how Dray is. Our parents know each other and as I said, I just don't want him to hurt you again. I just don't know if he changed for real." Tyler scratched the back of his neck and tried not to look at me.

"You don't need to worry about that. I know what I'm doing." I said slightly annoyed and tried to concentrate on my things.

I knew he was a right. Even I was scared that he would be the same as before.

But Tyler shouldn't be talking about him like that. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what happened to him.

Other people always want to get involved in our situation. Why can't they focus on their own life?

"It's just as-" Tyler started talking again but I interfered.

"Listen Tyler. It's really nice of you to check on me and I know that you only want me to be fine, I appreciate that, but I don't want you to interfere in this. It's something between Dray and me. We have just made a fresh start, it's all-new for both of us. So please stop it." I put the last folder in my bag and turned the computer off.

"I'm sorry, it's a thing between you guys, I understand that," Tyler said after a short pause and gave me a small smile as I walked over to him.

"Thanks," I said and gave him the same smile.

I didn't want to argue with him. I know Tyler only wants what's the best for me.

What we have, our relationship, if I can even call it that, is complicated.

Just like we are.

Complicated.

"By the way, how are things going with Mar?" I asked giving him a warm smile to ignore the slightly embarrassing situation created between us, while we were on the way to the elevators.

"Oh, you know, it's not like I used to be." He sighed and I could see that something was bothering him.

"She's just hanging out with weird people now. She recently started smoking and I just feel like she's ignoring me. I smoke too, but that's not the point. She never did that before. Of course, I get angry sometimes and ask her with whom she is meeting, but that usually ends up in an argument and she says I should mind my own business." He told me and ran his hair through his hair while I noticed that he got slightly angry again when he talked about it.

I always thought Mar was more of a quiet person. She and Tyler seemed pretty happy, I didn't think they'd fight at all.

"I'm sorry Tyler. I am sure she loves you. She just tries something new and is definitely not doing it on purpose. Try to talk to her again, not annoyed or angry. If she loves you, she will tell you the truth." I answered smiling and he nodded, looking at me before briefly checking his watch.