t w e n t y - n i n e (rewriting)

"Colleagues"

I present to you:

Tyler Carter

(Remember him from Ashley's Birthday Party? I hope so ;))

Kylie River

I stared at the ceiling and let out a small sigh.

I will be going back to my office today. Back to work. It feels weird.

I haven't been there for what feels like years. I had spent most of the time with Ashley. Tried to forget at least part of what happened to me, or rather to put it aside.

The pain was still there, it sat deep inside of me and made itself noticeable more often. Especially when I was alone. In my Apartment. In the dark. The images from that night kept replaying in my head and there was nothing I could do about it. That's why I stayed at Ashley's Apartment most of the time.

Maybe it would have been better to wait a little longer, not to come back so soon, but It felt good there. There was something there, something that made me feel like I wasn't so alone. Made me feel comfortable.

I still hadn't told anyone about the night. I know Ashley would like to know more and help, but every time she starts talking about it I try to change the subject.

I'm not ready for it, and besides, I don't know if I'll ever be ready to tell anyone.

I know it's not easy for Ashley either. She tries everything to make me feel better and I'm so grateful for everything she does, but sometimes all the thoughts and overthinking start building up inside of my head and I just can't take it anymore.

When it comes to that point, I just lie in bed the whole time and try to suppress these thoughts.

But I'm making progress.

I visit a therapist twice a week. At first, I wasn't particularly convinced of that idea, but in the end, I am glad I found her.

She helped me concentrate on other things so that I could finally enjoy my life again.

I slowly sat up straight and lift my arms to stretch myself.

The evening before, Ashley and I have planned everything for today, the outfit, my work schedule and I should check if my health was okay.

I had a slight tingling sensation in my stomach and my hands were shaking slightly, but that came from all the excitement and anticipation, not because I was feeling so bad.