t w e n t y - s e v e n (rewriting)

"Where is he?"

Her hands were cold, as was her whole body. Her face pale. Not a single sign of life in her eyes.

Lifeless.

I stroked her cheek when I started calling for help.

The pain spread through my whole body.
The thought of never seeing her again tore me apart. I had never felt this way before. I had never been so worried about anyone.

What made her do that? Why did she choose to do it? Would I never see her smile again?

I never knew how much she meant to me until she was no longer by my side. Until I've lost her. Until she was gone forever.

I felt someone pulling me back. Away from her. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see different people, but my eyes were only on her.

I would never see her beautiful face again.

Kylie River

When I opened my eyes I couldn't see anything but white light.

Am I dead? In heaven? What's happening?

I heard different voices and I blinked a few times to have a clearer view again.

I was in a hospital. I could hear the beeping of the machines next to me.

How is that possible? I thought, I-

I couldn't remember anything. The last memory I had was in the bathroom.

Where I tried-

Didn't I make it?
That means all the pain will go on now.

I looked down at my hands.

I discovered a needle on my right arm and various devices attached to my chest.

Did someone find me? Had I changed my mind after all and got out of the water?

No. I would have remembered it.

I opened my mouth slightly and tried to move my face a little while trying to calm myself down.

I didn't know whether to be happy or angry.

I didn't want the pain to stay.
I can still remember that night.

Does anyone know about it? Does anyone know why I did this?

I need answers. True answers.

I thought my life was over, I thought I would be with my parents, but someone had stopped me.

Somebody saved me.

I heard different voices from the hallway and tried to overhear the conversation.

"I'm not going to sit here and wait, do you understand?! I flew all the way here, to help her. She needs me!" I heard a girl yelling.