endgame. [jaewin]

a/n: happy wintober y'all <3 btw, i got my first shot yesterday!! my left arm is still sore rip

~

it's illegal to tell sicheng to drive.

one, he's clumsy; two, he hasn't even got his license despite being 22-years-old, and three, he's a hazard to himself and to society.

but technically it's more illegal to tell his 17-years-old cousin to drive. so, like it or not, he has to. at least tonight he hasn't ran over someone.

when seulgi's house comes to sight, sicheng breathes out in relief. but that means he has to park and he sucks even more at parallel parking. this time no less. he accidentally bumps into the sidewalk with a loud crash.

his life flashes before his eyes for a split second – and frankly it was boring.

" hey ," renjun's voice startles him back to reality. " you good ?"

" yeah. are you okay ?"

unbuckling his seatbelt, renjun nods. " I'm perfect. let's go ."

renjun puts his hood up and makes his way into the house, sicheng in his wake. they cut through the crowd of half-drunken and half-naked people chatting and laughing hysterically. it's only inching to ten o'clock and some of them are already grinding on each other.

sensing sicheng's discomfort, renjun drags him to the food table.

" did seulgi noona throw this party ?" sicheng asks, although it's highly unlikely. seulgi won't invite children.

" nope. you know her sister, karina? she did ."

" I recognize zero of those faces ." sicheng says. he's grimacing, though he's not sure if it's directed at the crowd or the drinks renjun's mixing right now.

" of course, they're all in high school. and you're ancient ."

sicheng rolls his eyes. renjun hands him a drink, one he mixed with cider and beer and whatnot. it smells like cough syrup.

" explain why you're wearing your hood up then ."

" blending in ."

" for what? you're not ancient ." sicheng teases with a lifted brow.

" those –" he nods to the crowd. " – aren't exactly friendly with me. I don't want them to see me. not until hyuck gets here, at least ." renjun explains as he mixes another drink for himself.

" are you even supposed to drink? you're 17 ."

" relax. technically you're in charge of me right now. if you say I can, well, then I can ."

" I didn't say –"

it's too late. renjun finishes his drink in two long, greedy gulps. sicheng blinks. sometimes he wonders if his cousin is too wild or if it's him who's too 'innocent'.

renjun wipes his mouth with his sleeves and pats sicheng's back. " let loose ."

" I'm driving, dumbass. plus my mom will know ."

" alcohol is good for stomach-ache ." renjun grins, wicked. sicheng deadpans him.

they're supposed to be at their relative's engagement dinner now. but renjun — family-oriented, he is not. so he told sicheng to fake a stomach-ache so they could flee.

" why me ?"

" you graduated arts school with an acting major, put it to use ."

sicheng can't deny that. his acting was believable enough that his parents offered to take him to the clinic.