blooming flowers and dead leaves. [yuwin]

" good morning, doctor nakamoto ."

the receptionist, jonghyun greeted with a courteous smile as the japanese with the long white coat walked into the hall. yuta nodded politely at him in response and continued to walk towards his room's direction.

he twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open. his colleague, taeyong was sitting in a chair waiting for him turned to the japanese. he got up and his face brightens.

" I've got good news ."

yuta closed the door behind him, feeling a bit baffled. the red-haired korean handed him an envelope and he took it without opening it.

" the board of directors approved the surgery for your patient. we only need his agreement and signature, then it will be held as soon as possible ." taeyong explained in a cheerful tone.

yuta's confused expression changed to a delightful one. he smiled from an ear to another, and he almost dropped the envelope in his hands. he almost couldn't believe taeyong's words.

his patient, dong sicheng is a cancer fighter. he had been diagnosed with skin cancer five years ago, and hospital had been his second home ever since.

he spent years here, and he hasn't went home at all since last month, went his condition worsens. but luckily sicheng is not someone who gives up easily.

although he had been through a lot, he's still as cheerful as ever. he never complaint about a thing, even when he had to be prisoned in this hospital.

yuta is his doctor and they're really close. sicheng's mom and sister have to work, so he always accompanied the younger during his free times. they're can be considered as close friends.

" have you told his mother ?"

" that's the first thing I did when I received the news ." yuta nodded and taeyong continued. " she was so gruntled, she even cried. I had to calm her down. you only have to sort things out with him now ."

" thank you, tae ."

" what are you waiting for? go tell him! he needs to hear this. I think he's at his usual spot. shoo shoo ."

yuta flashed another warm smile and taeyong shooed him playfully. he chuckled and left the room after saying goodbye. yuta made his way to the elevator, his smile never leaving his lips.

sicheng's usual spot is the rooftop garden. since he got hospitalized, he loves to take care of the beautiful flowers. he waters them and talks to them during his free time.

he often told the older that he wants to live with the flowers, that's why he always takes care of them. he wants to live as healthily and as prettily as the flowers do.

in return of his good deed, the flowers bloomed beautifully during spring.

yuta smiled to himself. sicheng had always been tough and strong. although he never made it show, but he doesn't look at sicheng as a patient. he looks at the younger like an irreplaceable existence.

he, too, wants sicheng to live. he had been trying hard for the past years to make his dreams come true, and now it would finally do. he just needs to get sicheng's signature.

the elevator beeped and he brought the envelope to his chest, hugging it as if it was the world's most valuable diamond as he walked outside to the rooftop.

there he was. sicheng, crouching down on the floor, as he talked to the flowers.

another small smile crept to his lips. he shoved a hand into his coat's pocket and walked to the younger. when he noticed yuta's presence, sicheng got up with a sweet smile.