Epilogue: Sad Ending

Marvin's Point of View: 5:01am, October 16th, 1983.

And then I woke up. I got out of bed and brushed my teeth. I looked at the photo on the fireplace. "I told you I'd do it again and... I just did, Whizzer. You've been gone for so long." I smiled and started sobbing. In the dream... He was so real. It was so real.

I'd put the photo back up after he died. That photo... It was so... It was him. It was of him. It was my way to remember him. I asked Jason if I could borrow his summer tapes he'd recorded 2 years ago. He'd let me. I remembered Whizzer from two years ago. I wish I had always been with him.

Everything about Whizzer made me love life, and now that he's gone... I hate it. I hate it so much. I don't know how to live without him, but I have been. I don't fucking understand this. I can't do this. I refuse to do this anymore, but I know he's watching over me.

You never know what time will bring. I never knew I would be sobbing. He's been dead for a year now. I'm forever thankful that I hadn't... Taken in anything that would get me infected with his mysterious illness. He was so real in the dream. I told everyone at his funeral that I don't regret loving him and I'd relive everything for him.

Whizzer was beautiful. Whizzer was elegant. Whizzer was always there for me. Until he wasn't. Whizzer was the love of my life. If I was me 3 years ago, I would find someone else. Like Whitman. But I'm not. I made slow changes.

Change is what everyone needs most. You're lucky if you can find someone and they admit they need change. Because I didn't. And Whizzer slept around and contracted a mysterious illness. And it was all my fault. I should've made progress earlier.

Sometimes lack of change can fuck up our lives. Everyone needs to change. Everything changes. From now until the end of time. Because that's how humans are. And some of us hate change, but change has an impact on us and everyone we know and love.

And with that, I closed my diary. I'd written the whole dream I'd had down. I was going to publish it and call it Slow Changes.

A/N; 401 words and a Pokemon Live reference. This fanfic has been my summer job. This fanfic has kept me occupied when nothing else would. Thank you, guys. Thank you for reading my fanfiction. We have over 650 reads as I publish it and I love you, guys.