Chapter 4 - Haircut

When Pier arrived at the greenhouse, he can hear the faint yet rapid breathing of the young guard.

Huff... Huff... Huff... The young guard was catching his breath as he placed his hand on his chest.

"Y-Young master, I can't believe you walk so fast... huff..." Pier looked at the young guard sympathetically before handing him his handkerchief.

The young guard's eyes widened at the gesture of his young master.

"Y-Young master, I-I'm fine, you d-don't need to dirty your precious handkerchief for a mere guard like me!" He was stuttering as if it was his last day. The corner of Pier's lips started to go up at the once again nervous guard.

"No, take it. I don't want to see people faint in front of me and besides, it was my fault I went too fast," he said before handing the guard his handkerchief once more. The young guard gulped and his adam's apple bobbed.

Afraid that his young master would get mad at him for refusing his goodwill, the young guard's shaking hand received the handkerchief.

"T-Thank you, young master! I will make sure to treasure this as a family heirloom!" He said as if a god has given him its blessing. Pier grimaced at the young guard's actions but decided to not speak anymore as he opened the door of the greenhouse.

The atmosphere immediately calmed him down and the coolness gave him a sense of serenity as plants of various types were growing beautifully at every corner.

As he entered the beautiful greenhouse, an old man that was wearing a farming hat and a watering can in his right hand approached him.

'I guess he's the caretaker of the greenhouse.' Pier smiled at the caretaker

"Hello, I was wonder-" but before he could finish his sentence, the caretaker approached him and held Pier's hands

"N-Nature! I-It's surrounding you!" Pier's eyes widened at the actions of the caretaker

'What's this old man talking about?'

But before he could voice out his thoughts, the old man was pushed back and the young guard stood in front of him. The guard drew his sword out and held onto it firmly.

"You dare touch our young master's hands without his permission!" The vicious glare of the young guard was directed at the old man whose eyes were still shaking while looking at Pier.

The old man tried to approach Pier once more but the young guard was quick to act and pointed his sword at the old man's chest.

"Move once more and I shall end your life for the dignity of my esteemed master!" Pier watched the scene unfold before him which made him anxious about what would happen if he would not step in. He looked at the clumsy young guard and he now looked like a dignified soldier that was protecting his master.

Pier placed his hand on the young guard's shoulders and stepped forward

"Young mast-" the guard said but Pier stopped him

"It's fine, he did not hurt me anywhere either," he said as he looked at the old man whose gaze was still fiery as ever

"May I ask what you meant by nature is surrounding me?" Pier asked the old man gently

"N-Nature! It's faint but I can tell that it's there!" The old man shivered as he said that but Pier only looked at him as if he was looking at a crazy person. He was further bewildered when the old man started to get on his knees and cry

"F-Finally, the savior is here!" he said as he clasped his hands and looked up at Pier like he was some sort of God. The young master started getting uncomfortable at the individual's actions causing him to step back and called the guard instead.