Chapter 19 - A Beautiful Contrast

After dancing with Prince Faust, Pier was about to go back to his seat as he was tired but a person wearing a white suit with gold embroideries blocked his way

"Can the young master dance with me as well?" Pier scrunched up his eyebrows at the person. It was Raphael. He was curious as to why the future duke would want to dance with him - Raphael never danced with Pier before.

He was already feeling a little bit tired from the dance with the prince from the empire but he did not want to leave Raphael hanging in mid-air with his hand reaching out to him. Pier sighed internally but still grabbed Raphael's hand anyway.

"Sir Raphael better lead this dance, too," Pier grumbled. Raphael laughed at the distorted face of the young master and led him to the middle of the banquet hall where he and the prince danced. However, this time, other nobles were with them dancing.

"As you wish, young master." He said as he slowly brought the back of Pier's hands in his lips and kissed it. Surprised by the sudden action, Pier flinched and retracted his hand. He was blushing uncontrollably at what Raphael had just done.

"S-Sir Raphael..." He muttered lowly. Raphael scratched the back of his head as he suddenly felt embarrassed with what he did as well but still placed his hand on Pier's waist and the latter placed his hands hesitantly on Raphael's shoulders.

"Don't pull those kinds of things again, Raph," Pier said as he felt embarrassment creep up his entire body.

'Holy crap why did he do that? Is he nuts?' Kissing another person's hands, especially when dancing is counted as a sign of affection for the individual. At least that's what Eliam knows based on Pier's memory as the original owner of the body he was residing in would always have daydreams about how the Crown Prince of the kingdom would kiss his hand as they danced.

Raphael doing that was definitely the first time.

'Ah, maybe he just wants to show his affection for Pier as a friend.' But no matter how he tries to think that way, there was always a thought that lingers at the back of his mind.

'Did he like the original Pier before?' Eliam was perplexed at the bizarre thought he had

"Sorry, I simply acted on impulse," Raphael said before slyly smiling and swaying along with the music. He did not bother anymore with his thoughts about Raphael and the original Pier. This time, Pier learned more from his dance with Prince Faust that's why he was able to keep up with Raphael's movements. Raphael smiled at Pier who was focused on following his steps.

"You're doing well, Pier," Raphael whispered in his ear as he hugged him closer. Pier who had his focus on his steps did not notice such actions but replied to Raphael by whispering as well.

"I'm trying my best," He said with eyes full of sincerity. Raphael only stared at Pier. He looks like he's taking a knight's exam with seriousness.

'He looks beautiful too.' Raphael had been thinking since he saw Pier get down the carriage earlier that he was the most beautiful person he had ever seen. Before, all he felt with Pier was disinterest and sometimes, annoyance when Pier would continuously cling to Asher when they meet. Yet the person right now is far too different from the Pier that he had witnessed in the past month.

Pier never bothered the Crown Prince anymore and instead focused more on himself. He was able to sense the feeling of familiarity with Pier again just like when they were kids. Pier once more became the person he had been when he was younger. A bright, excellent, and worthy of respect individual.

Asher, who was at a distance watched them. Pier and Raphael were so close with each other that at a point the heavy feeling he had after the performance became somewhat bigger.