Chapter 80 - Cookies

"I-I apologize for my behavior earlier, your highness," Elena spoke as she bowed her head in shame.

They were currently in the royal garden of the palace as they took a stroll after the suffocating moment they both had with the second prince of the Empire.

Well, for Elena, that is.

"Your apology is acknowledged, Lady Elena," Asher spoke as he smiled lightly at the lady who was wearing an elegant green dress, just like her, beautiful and elegant.

"It was embarrassing for me to assume that the second prince from the empire was pertaining to me. I deeply regret my words," Elena apologized again and Asher nodded in an understanding manner.

"As I have told you, my lady, it is okay for us to make mistakes at times," He spoke as he picked a yellow flower from the garden and placed it on the lady's ear.

Elena's beautiful smile can be seen as she was pleased with the Prince's display of affection for him.

"I am grateful for your considerations, your highness," She spoke and she also picked a blue rose and placed it on Asher's ear.

The two laughed as they stared at each other.

Asher's hands were wrapped around the lady's waist as they both walked side by side in the garden.

All the servants who saw the two smiled lovingly.

Prince Asher Lumiere and Lady Elena Scotch, the two individuals who will soon rule the Taron Kingdom perfectly fit each other.

Asher was the perfect prince and Elena was the perfect noblewoman with a perfect background for the said royalty.

"Remember the day that we went to the chef's kitchen and you took some pastries because His Majesty did not allow you to eat too much of it?" Elena asked as she giggled at the memory.

It was the time when Asher snuck out from his training practice of swordsmanship that he ditched with the lady who came to watch and visit him.

Of course, Asher was placed on a restricted diet because of his training so his consumption of pastries was limited but the Crown Prince was hard-headed that he snuck into the royal chef's kitchen and stole some pastries.

Asher bowed and scratched his head as he remembered the embarrassing memory.

"Ah, you don't have to bring that up again, my lady, I am embarrassed," He spoke and they both laughed.

"Such good times when we were still children, your highness," Elena smiled and Asher nodded his head.

"Indeed," the Crown Prince responded as they continued their walk in the garden.

However, there was an accompanying memory with what Elena had brought back again.

"Asher, I have brought you some cookies!" The young master who had been given the title of the successor spoke but Asher ignored him.

He was mad at Pier for not addressing Elena properly the last time they met.

"Aw come on, are you still mad because I did not address Elena properly?" The young noble asked and Asher's eyebrows furrowed.

"Lady, Pier! Call her Lady because she is the Lady of the scotch household!" He reprimanded Pier and the noble only nodded his head as he thrust the box of cookies into Asher's hands again.

"Yeah, sure, here, receive this. I made them for you!" Pier spoke with excitement in his voice as he disregarded Asher's continuous reminder of him to address Elena with her proper title.