Chapter 33 - The Fall of an Earldom

"Then I'll take my leave, your highness. It was my pleasure to have spent the time planning for the journey with you," Pier then stood up.

"Wait, young master!" Asher hurriedly said as he stood up from his seat as well.

Pier turned to look at him and Asher stopped for a moment. The tired look Pier gave him somehow made the Crown Prince hesitant to speak with his words.

"A-Ah, it's nothing. It's my pleasure as well to have talked with you as well. Be safe on your journey back." Pier only nodded his head and went to head outside the door of the Crown Prince's study. He was mentally and physically drained after planning things mostly by himself.

'All that prince did was watch me.' He rolled his eyes before knocking on the door twice and the knights stationed outside opened the door.

"Ah, hold the door for a moment. I have forgotten something." He said and immediately turned back inside the study. Asher who was watching Pier's back flinched in surprise when Pier suddenly turned.

"What is it, young master?" Pier looked around the room until he found a bunch of violet flowers that were comfortably sitting on one of the couches. He hurriedly approached the flowers that were not even arranged properly and grabbed them.

"I only forgot the flowers, your highness. I shall go now," Pier spoke and marched towards the door once more. Once he got out and the door was shut, Asher sighed as he rested his head on the table with his arms supporting his head.

"What's happening?" He was astonished at how smart Pier had suddenly become.

Even if people tried to cover it with flowers and rainbows, the Pier before was a dense and empty-headed person. Even though how much he studied and read books, he never had the talent to apply them in any sort of situation.

Pier had such a hard time comprehending lessons that even though he was the perfect noble when it comes to social standings, he was considered a half-witted individual in different academic fields such as literature and mathematics.

"Did he purposely hide his genius?" No, it did not make sense for Asher as to why a person would even hide his brilliantness and suffer from the degradation of others.

The Pier that Asher saw during their meeting was someone who's completely different from the Pier he had known.

He could easily become one of the kingdom's most respected individuals with such a mind if he wanted to. So why?

Asher felt his headache coming back again after all of the things that happened.

He got up from his seat and started heading out of his study. He caught a whiff of the lingering light scent of roses on his way to the door. He sighed as his thoughts were mixed up.

When he got out of the study, he immediately started to walk toward the throne room to report his preparations to the king. However, when he passed by a window, he saw another scenario happening.

It was Pier, in front of him was a middle-aged man who was smiling as if he were talking to a child.

"Earl Cornell..."

---

Pier was walking back to his carriage along with the knights who accompanied him. His light blue suit complemented his white pale skin beautifully and the servants they passed continued to oogle the young master.

"Young master, how did your meeting with the Crown Prince go?" Pier turned to look at the man who called him. He had dark-brown hair and he had an ugly mustache to pair it with his old-looking face.