Chapter 58 - Façade Underneath

"Are we there yet?" Pier asked for the nth time and Ciaran had to control himself from ramming the carriage into a tree or going off straight off a cliff.

The young master was annoying him and he was amazed that it was even working on a person like him who had so much patience to spare.

'Hehe' Pier laughed in his head as he watched the irritated coachman.

Pier was surprised with how comfortable he was getting with Ciaran.

He had not seen the man's face nor his entire body because all he can see from inside the carriage was Ciaran's cloaked head.

'Ah, they say ignorant people are to die first. I guess I'm going now' He thought in a frustrating manner.

"Are we there-"

"Stop."

Ciaran finally said as he cannot take the young master's repetitive phrase of 'Are we there yet?'.

"Well, what do you want me to say then?" They were treading along a road that has lesser trees now compared to when they were passing the kingdom's borders.

"By the way, where are we?" He asked as he had no clue what are the places outside the kingdom. Heck, the original Pier was confined so much inside the Capital that he did not have any clue what other places in the kingdom looked like.

"South of the Kingdom," Ciaran replied in a monotonous voice and Pier looked around the scenery.

"South? Woah" He said in amazement at the bright sun that was shining down on the carriage.

'Basically, I had been on the North and South parts of the kingdom!' He had a gleam in his eyes as he thought about his adventures back at the Yuko Boundary on the way close to the North and now he had surpassed the Southern parts of the kingdom.

"We're at the place that separates the Heron Kingdom and the Taron Kingdom called Stone City," Ciaran explained and Pier nodded his head like a child listening to some adventures stories.

"Just further ahead, we will arrive in the town center of Stone City." He nodded his head again at the stranger's words. Ciaran kept silent right after saying the necessary info Pier should know.

He was slightly surprised by how easily trusting the person he had just abducted was.

'Life as a well-known noble must have been tough' He thought as he slightly turned his head to look at the young master who was looking at the road they were passing by with wide eyes.

Pier's now white hair was slightly swaying along with the wind and his dazzling blue eyes that seemed to contain a sparkle as he watched the view were widened.

It was like he was seeing the world for the first time.

Soon enough, after a few more minutes of driving, Pier noticed that the buildings and houses they were passing through became more and more frequent.

'City proper, huh,' He thought as there were now many people who can be seen outside.

When the carriage finally arrived at what Pier guessed was the City Proper, he had a small smile on his face. The city proper was not as grand as the Capital but it was better than the town in the Boundary.

It was just like what he had in mind. A place bustling with many people and shops located side by side.

The carriage stopped beside a medium-sized building and the scent of food wafted through the air.

Grumble~

Pier was slightly feeling hungry. After all, he did not get to eat properly back at the Crown Prince's celebration and he did not know how long it has been since he had been taken by the cloaked stranger.