Chapter 56 - Gorgeously Tired

"Pier... did he really leave me?" Asher asked as his eyes had looks of unbelief attached to it.

He was a mess.

He did not know what to do especially now that Pier was nowhere to be seen.

When he allowed the young master to walk back at the exit after being surprised with Pier's actions, he thought he could just catch up with him.

However, Asher came to search the entire garden and even sent his knights to ask if the young master had returned to their household and the response was that of what he did not like.

"The young master did not come home"

Asher gritted his teeth as he slammed his fist on the table of his study.

Elena flinched at the sudden banging noise.

"Y-Your Highness, please calm down!" She begged as she hurried to grab Asher's arm.

"What are the reports given by the guards?" He asked and Elena gulped nervously.

"T-They reported that they have not seen the young master in any of the carriages, your highness," She replied and Asher's eyes burned with anger.

Why?

Why?

Why was all of this happening?

He was already starting to accept everything. Asher finally found his reason to like Pier.

He finally found the person that was meant to be his.

Didn't Pier like him before? Didn't the young master chase after him ceaselessly before?

What happened now? He had already taken the steps forward.

Was it wrong? Did he offend Pier with the term of being the concubine?

He thought he could get Pier back when he will give him the offer of becoming a concubine for him.

Why did that person suddenly disappear?

Everyone was now wondering why the prince had ordered the borders to be closed. Many appointments were disturbed and the connection with other kingdoms was almost entirely cut off with the sudden lockdown in the kingdom.

No carriage could leave until it had been thoroughly inspected by the people assigned by the Crown Prince.

Elena stared at the Crown Prince.

What was happening with Asher? Why did he suddenly go like that? She had no clue.

Ever since the Crown Prince went out after the young master's performance he had immediately ordered the closing of the kingdom's borders. It startled everyone, including the king himself.

"Your Highness, the young master will return. Let us reopen the borders-"

"AND WHAT? LET PIER GET AWAY FROM ME? NO, THAT CAN'T HAPPEN!" Asher shouted in anger as he pounded the table multiple times with his fist.

The action made Elena scared.

She had never seen the Crown Prince act like this just because the young master had gone missing for a day.

No, he never cared. What's happening with him right now though?

Without forewarning, the door of the Crown Prince's study suddenly opened and the royal knights that served the king came barging in.

"Prince Asher Lumiere, Future Sun of the Kingdom and the Bearer of the Crown, you are hereby called by the king. Resistance to the order will be subjected to the use of force," the head knight said as he stood still against the glare that Asher had given him.