Chapter 17 - The Mark of a New Beginning (3)

Pier was unaware that everyone's attention was currently directed at him as he continuously patted the young prince's head.

Everyone was feeling different emotions. Raphael and Vivian looked at Pier like they were staring at something really cute while Asher was staring at Pier and his younger brother with unreadable emotions. Prince Faust was smiling brightly as he glanced at the both of them while Elena on the other hand had the same stare as Asher, she had unreadable emotions in her eyes.

The stares were only broken when the king showed himself from the platform that was in the elevated front of the palace. People were looking at King Henry with so much admiration and respect that one could tell they would devote themselves to him undoubtedly. King Henry's influence as well as his magical aura that specifically was meant for rulers could be felt as he gave his welcoming remarks. Pier remembered the small amount of pressure the king released during their time in the garden.

"The Royal Banquet shall officially begin!" The king's final statement became the starting point of cheers and claps all around the banquet hall. Servants started delivering the food for the nobles that were present and the laughter and cheers resonated in the atmosphere

Everyone was having fun as they chattered and conversed however Pier was smiling with a hint of nervousness. Was it because of his upcoming performance? no, was it because of the large crowd that will see him perform? That's not it either.

He was nervous because this will be a new chapter in Pier's life. Through this performance, he hoped it will become the starting point of Pier Belmiunde's new chapter in life. His image will not become better immediately but it will be the start.

Pier made his way into the front side of the banquet hall. There, a luxurious piano was placed for his performance this evening. His elegant strides were catching the eyes of the nobles he had passed. Those that saw the young master walk towards the piano started frowning. Their eyebrows creased and their moods suddenly changed.

It was the time that the young master from the Belmiunde Household would give his terrible performance but no one would even dare to disrupt the horrible performance because it was their beloved King's wish. Many people were either sighing or frowning when they saw Pier near the piano. They were starting to judge and ostracize him in their minds. This would be the start of the only bad and worst part of the Royal Banquet.

Amidst the degrading atmosphere, there was a person among the crowd that was brightly smiling. He was anticipating the performance he would see. Raphael was clenching his hand as he stared at Pier who was talking with Instructor Bart. He was excited to see what and how Pier would perform the piece he had chosen.

He asked the young master during their practice what would be the piece he was going to play but the latter never revealed the answer. Raphael chuckled at the memory he recalled.

"I am hoping the young master will do well" Vivian who was also noticeably nervous for Pier said. She was concerned that the young master's performance would become the reason he will once more be criticized and looked down on. She finally had met a worthy person and the one who had made her dreams come true. Pier was the only person who did not mock her dream of becoming a professional tailor and he actually helped her materialize these dreams. She did not desire any bad things to happen to Pier.

"He will do well," Raphael said while smiling. Vivian saw this and was amazed to see that Raphael was confident in the words he said. She nodded and looked back at the elevated platform where Pier was

Asher, who was sitting at the front was also readying himself. The young master had been full of surprises in the past months and he wondered if Pier will once more reveal one of the surprises he had in store. Technically speaking, Asher's ill will towards Pier had now reached minuscule levels - no, animosity was now out of the picture but only a small amount of doubt left.