Chapter 57 - Retribution

"Greetings, Your Majesty," Asher bowed and kneeled as he approached the throne where the King was sitting.

"Raise your head, my child" The king ordered and Asher followed. When Asher looked up, he flinched when he saw the King's expression.

"Tell me, what happened." Asher hesitated for a moment. He gulped as he felt the slightly suffocating atmosphere in front of his father.

He knew the king was not happy.

He knew how things would go when the king would get mad.

"I have closed the borders of the kingdom without his majesty's notice," The Crown Prince said and the king nodded his head.

"That's correct. I know you're the next person to the throne but I am still the king and I rule this kingdom. All the things you should do should be asked through me first!" He said in a loud voice and Asher felt little at the king's gaze.

"I understand, father." The king sighed as he watched his son.

"Why did you close the borders?"

Asher froze immediately after hearing the King's question.

That was the part he was trying to avoid. He knew he had been too rash with his decisions to close the borders but he was simply avoiding any further issues with the young master leaving him.

"Answer me, my child," The king commanded and Asher gulped.

"T-The young master is missing, your majesty..." and immediately after the Crown Prince said that the surroundings started to shake. The floor of the palace trembled and the servants panicked with the sudden tremor on the ground.

Crack!

Cracks started to form on the floor and it crept up to the giant pillars that are supporting the palace roofs.

"Pier... is missing?" The king asked in a voice that made Asher have chills. However, he still continued to kneel at the steps before the throne.

"Yes," Asher spoke in a resolved manner and the king's eyebrows furrowed further at the answer.

The servants started to get more and more scared at the continuous shaking of the ground.

"Why? What did you do, Asher?" The king asked as he stared at his son who was kneeling before him.

"I-" He tried to answer but the king interrupted him.

"I better hear the utmost truth or you know the consequences, Asher," He warned, and sweat dripped down the Crown Prince's forehead.

It was the power of a king, an indescribable force that makes people around them bow and tremble.

"I asked the young master to stay by my side, your highness," the tremors in the ground continued and Asher felt his head spinning a little bit at the constant shaking.

"Elaborate," the king used his authoritative voice and Asher bowed further.

"I... I asked the young master to become my concubine-" Without foreword from the King, Asher's body flew a few meters away from the throne after getting hit by an invisible force.

Thud!

He hit one of the pillars that had cracks in it.

Asher groaned as he tried to stand up. His entire body shook and his mouth started to have a bitter taste in it.

"A CONCUBINE? YOU DARE REQUEST THE SUCCESSOR OF OUR SWORN HOUSEHOLD TO BECOME A CONCUBINE?!" The king raged and the ground shook more violently.

The entire throne room trembled and the servants scurried away from being near to the king.