Chapter 37 - Completely Changed

Mhm...

Pier groaned as he opened his eyes. Sunlight beamed through the small gaps in the curtains installed inside the carriage.

"Huh?" He rubbed his eyes and peeked through the window.

"Where are we?" He asked himself as he fully removed the curtains and took a full look outside. There were extremely tall trees that reached up to the height of modern-day buildings back in his world.

'It's morning?" Based on what Pier had remembered, he slept at the midpoint of afternoon and evening.

'Did I sleep for more than ten hours?' He was bewildered by how long he slept.

When he got out of the carriage, he stretched a few more times accompanied by a couple of yawns.

"A pleasant morning, young master!" Pier turned his head to look at the voice's source and saw the Crown Prince's attendant, Caspian smiling as if he had an extremely peaceful slumber.

"A, pleasant morning, Sir Caspian. May I ask where we are?" Pier asked and roamed his eyes around the surroundings.

"We're all alone right now, young master."

'Huh?' He turned to look at the attendant and Caspian had a serious face.

"Where are the others?" He asked and Caspian chuckled before taking a step closer. Pier's eyebrows raised as he watches the tanned-skin noble smile creepily.

"I told you, young master, we're all alone right now," Caspian whispered the last part and it made Pier's spine shiver.

'Fucking creepy!' He eyed Caspian suspiciously and clenched his fists.

'I just woke up and this bastard greets me first.' He glared at the attendant and after Caspian took one more step, wind manifested on both of Pier's hands. The surging gusts of wind made his clothes flutter.

Caspian had his eyes open in shock at the sight.

"You can use magic?" He asked, bewildered. Pier did not answer but instead took a step forward.

"I don't like creeps, Sir Caspian. Take one more step towards me and I'll make sure you'll regret it," Pier warned and moved. Caspian did not move forward but instead, it was Pier who was taking steps toward him.

When he was right in front of the Crown Prince's attendant, Pier turned to look up at the tall noble.

"The young master really is full of surprises lately," Caspian said in awe while raking in the image of Pier's pale face.

"Where are the others?" Pier asked

Caspian laughed as he pointed his fingers in a direction of the forest.

"Haha! the young master surely can't take a simple joke. His highness and the others are over there. They have stopped for a moment to let the horses take a break and for us to have breakfast as well." Caspian said in a light-hearted manner.

Pier glared at the attendant once more before making the wind from his hands disappear.

He did not answer but instead started to walk in the direction Caspian has pointed to.

'My magic is not that strong yet but I can at least deal with one person for now.' He thought. He became wary of the Crown Prince's attendant after their encounter.

Even though his trust with the attendant immediately dissipated like a bubble, he still followed Caspian's directions.

'Because I'm too lazy to look for them.' Pier rolled his eyes. At the very least, he can deal with Caspian if he does something funny.