Chapter 90 - First Dance

"Young Master, we should leave the vampire all alone," Gideon spoke and Pier stared at him with an expressionless gaze.

"I-I mean... we're going to leave now that we are finished helping them, right, Young Master?" Gideon asked, afraid that he would upset his young master.

Pier turned to look at the still resting Ciaran inside the flame bubbles.

The vampire prince looked so calm while he was sleeping.

His hand that had completely turned black was now almost at its original color and only the fingertips were the ones remaining discolored.

Pier sighed as he sat beside the sleeping prince again and stared up at the sky.

The clouds that gathered and were lit by Melfar's magic were now dispersed. Only the firewall remained that prevented most of the cold from the environment from entering inside.

It was peaceful

Pier did not expect everything to end like this.

It was an unexpected finale for his journey at the Mir Mountains.

Gideon also looked at his master.

He stared at the pale white skin, dazzling blue eyes, and the silky white hair that was the definition of perfect.

It was still a very new scenario for him.

His young master's white hair was very good to look at that he could not find any appropriate words to describe Pier's beauty that was shining so great under the moonlight.

It was as if

'Moonlight was made for my master!' Gideon thought as he contemplated how the evening scenario along with the stars shining down on him well fit his young master.

He then started to approach Pier with slow and steady strides.

"Young Master..."

Gideon called out to Pier and the latter looked up at his knight.

"Hmm?" He hummed in response as Gideon sat beside his young master.

"Do you like the vampire?" He asked the same question he asked Pier yesterday before they talked with Ciaran.

Pier chuckled at his personal knight's question.

"No, I guess I don't like Ciaran," He spoke as he hugged his knees closer since he was not wearing a coat anymore.

Gideon tried to comprehend his young master's answer.

In his perspective, it was understandable for his young master to not like anyone yet.

He thinks that Pier was still in the process of recuperating his loss after his problem with the Crown Prince.

One would truly be devastated when the person they love does not return the feelings they have and it was doubled when instead of fixing their relationship, the Crown Prince asked his master to become Asher's concubine.

"But that doesn't mean just because I don't harbor any romantic feelings for him I would just leave him and Nightfall without saying anything," Pier spoke.

He then leaned his head on Gideon's shoulders and the knight flinched.

"What? Are you uncomfortable having your young master lean on your shoulder?" Pier asked and Gideon scratched his cheek in embarrassment.

"O-Of course not, young master" He replied cheekily.

Pier was tired.

Even with the phoenix's restoration of his vitality and health, he still wanted to rest and sleep after all the things that happened.