Chapter 9 - Prodigy?

The following day, Pier was on the training grounds of the Central Mansion along with the instructor his father has hired. The woman who was about in her mid-thirties had brown hair and brown eyes. The typical color that is common within the kingdom.

"Young Master, the first thing that we need to learn is the basics about magic." The woman named Liza told him. Pier nodded his head nonetheless even though he already had a clue in his mind about what she was going to tell him.

"Our body is infused with mana. Most of us are blessed with the capacity to hold mana and through using mana we can create the type of magic that we want." Liza looked at the young master who was looking at her intently. She liked how the young master was listening to her words intently as if he were a child seeing something interesting for the first time. 'Even though it seems like he already knew most of the basics.'

"By managing the mana around our body and concentrating it into a single force, we can create the type of magic that we want." She opened her hand and said a short chant before a water ball formed in her hand.

"Take this for an example, young master. This is one of the most basic types of magic." The ball of water was dark blue.

"By concentrating your thoughts and mana, you will be able to do the same within a few weeks at most!" She proudly said. All of the students she had taught, especially the talented ones were able to produce a magic ball within a week.

"A week?" Pier asked Liza as he stared at the blue water ball that was bobbing up and down her palms.

"Yes, young master. It would usually take a week for beginners to manifest the mana around their body and control it even to a certain extent." Mana was a complicated yet easy thing to handle. One simply had to find it within his own body and make use of it properly.

"Even the most talented mage in the kingdom himself, an exceptional individual was able to control his mana properly and produce a magic ball within five days!" She was reminiscing the time she taught the young mage who was very talented in magic and was now one of the highest-tiered mages in the kingdom.

Pier shifted his gaze from the water ball into his hands.

"By my commandment, heed my call and grant my wishes." He concentrated a little bit and gusts of wind started encircling his palm. He woke up earlier than usual today after sleeping soundly and immediately went into practicing the magic he learned yesterday.

"Something like this?" Pier said as he raised his palm to Liza's eye level. Liza gaped at the hand of the young master she was teaching. There was a small orb of wind that was producing light gusts.

"Y-Young master!" She gasped in shock. She scrambled and immediately went to grab Pier's hands. The action made Pier shocked and the small orb of wind disappeared.

Her mouth was open as she stared at the now empty palms of Pier.

"Young master, how on Earth-" she was astounded, to say the least. Based on what the headmaster had said, his son never took any interest in magic and had abruptly said that he wanted to learn one night.

She was prepared to teach and guide this young master but Pier had already exceeded her expectations.

"C-Can you do that again, young master?" Liza said as she let go of Pier's hands and took a step back. She did not expect that the person in front of him would be able to easily create a magic ball in an instant. She only met him for an hour at most!

Pier opened his palm again and concentrated a little bit.

"By my commandment, heed my call and grant my wishes." he grimaced at the chant. It did not suit his taste that he had to chant first before producing magic. He should ask Liza if there are any ways to produce magic without chanting.