Chapter 79 - Rampage (3)

"Follow the plan and lure the monsters at the place!" Ciaran spoke as the creatures of the dark all moved swiftly.

It was in the middle of the night and they were now conducting their plan for the third mountain.

"Understood" they responded as they dispersed in the darkness towards the places where the scouts have reported that the group of monsters were.

---

Kurrrk?

The monster with a beetle-like appearance along with its shiny back and wings and its long protruding horn tilted its head to the side as it watched the smallest monster from its group chase around a butterfly.

Kurrrk...

It nodded its head, satisfied that the smallest monster in their group was growing up well.

The monster looked back as it watched the other members of its group eat away at the carcass of a giant deer that they caught in the wilderness.

The stomach was ripped open and intestines, livers, and other organs were scattered around the lifeless body of the giant deer as the group of monsters ate away at its flesh.

Kurrrk?

The giant beetle turned its head back to watch the smallest and youngest member of their group again. However, the small monster was not in its line of vision anymore.

---

flap~

The large bird flapped its wings inside the cave and dust started to rise from the ground and scatter all around it.

Kroo...

It cooed as it rested well on the nest it built.

Chirp!

The small monster birds under the giant one's feathery belly chirped as they all felt pleased with the warm sensation their mother was giving them.

The giant bird with seven eyes that looked in different directions pecked lightly on one of the chick's heads as if to care for it.

Chirp!

The bird sounded in satisfaction as it received its parent's loving care.

Surrounding the giant bird and its nest was also small insects ranging from beetles, worms, and other creatures it could feed its children.

The bird started to peck on the creatures and blood and bile gushed out of the insects as the bird's powerful peck hit them one by one.

However, it looked back at its chicks when it felt something squirm underneath it.

It was the chick that it had just taken care of. The small bird was trying to get out from under its parent's belly and the huge monster bird adjusted its weight so the child can get out.

Flap flap flap~

The small monster bird flapped its wings when it got out of the parent's belly and it started to peck on the smaller monsters and insects that were surrounding them.

Kroo?

The small monster bird tilted its head as it saw a shadow start to emerge at the front of the cave.

Kroo~

It started to go towards the shadow that was peeking at the entrance of the cave as if it was enticing it to play with the shadow

---

The monster-like bird followed the shadow outside the cave. It was flapping its wings with only minimal feathers as it ran towards the shadow that also ran away when the monster neared it.