Chapter 2 - Four Years Later

-------*4years later*-------

Beep beep!! Beep beep!!

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. And then my little sister, Prim, bursting through the door saying.

"Come on Katniss, is my first day of school!!!"

"I'm up, I'm up! Someone here is exited." I say.

"Of course, is the first day of school!"

"Yeah, for you. I'm already in 4th grade. There's nothing new for me."

"Oh! Just get ready and let's go!"

"Fine."

And with that she leaves my room. I get ready and we walk to school.

In the way to school, I think of the past four years of my life. I met my friends and crush. Yeah, I still have a crush on Peeta, but we are best friends and I don't think he sees me in another way but BFFs. We all are really close but Peeta and I are the closer. We all have been best friends since always. I'm glad I have them. People say we're the popular group. But we are just normal people who have fun when together.

I arrive to school and start walking towards my locker when I feel a pair of arms hug me from behind. I turn around to be met by his ocean blue eyes. Peeta. I smile and hug him back. It feels like we hug forever, until...

"Katniss, Peeta!!!" We turn around and let go to see the whole group running towards us.

"Hey guys." Me and Peeta say in unison.

The day passes in a blur and in no time is the end of the day.

I'm walking to the 1st grade zone when someone pushes me and pins me to a tree. Gale.

"Hello Catnip." He says.

"What do you want Gale?"

"You to go out with me."

"NEVER!"

"And may I know why is that?"

"Because I like someone else."

Gale raises his hand to hit me and I close my eye waiting for the blow. But it never comes. I open my eyes and see Peeta pinning Gale down and saying: "Don't you ever dare to touch Katniss! Do hear me?!" Gale nods and Peeta lets him go.

I try to walk up to him but my ankle hurts. I think it broke when Gale pushed me. Peeta notices. By now the whole gang is here.

"Go, and take prim home. Tell Katniss' parents to meet me at the hospital!" Yells Peeta. He then crouches to my high and carries me bridal style.

"I can walk you know Peeta." I say.

"No you can't. That jerk might have broke your ankle."

"It's ok though. I must be really heavy. I just need a little help to walk."

"No, is not 'ok'. And you're not heavy to me. Remember I carry around the sacks of flour at the bakery."

"Fine. You're impossible to discuss with and win."

"I know." He says with a grin.

Once we reach the hospital the doctors take an x-ray of my ankle. It's not broken, luckily, but it needs rest and I need to walk with crutches for 2 days.

During this whole proses Peeta never leaves my side. Which makes me fall for him even harder. If that's even possible.

Once we come out I see my family and friends.

"How are you feeling Katniss?" Asks my dad.

"Just fine." I say.

"Ok, we better go home then. And you too kids." Says mom.

"Ok." Says everybody.

"Wait! Mom, dad can my friends sleep over, please? It would make me feel better to have them." I ask.

"If their parents agree then sure." says dad.

Then everyone calls their parents. All get permission and we head to my house.