Chapter 19 - Senior year

One year has passed since Peeta's sister was found.

We're almost finished with senior year. Prom'll be held soon. I'm still waiting for Peeta to invite me.

"Hey, Kat! Come here!" Finnick shouts from the other side of the hall.

"Yes, FishBoy?" I ask him once I reach him.

"First, don't call me that. Second, I was just a distraction." He says and I look at him confused.

"Wha..." I start but I'm cut off by music.

"Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard
You know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive." I look around for the source of the music.

"We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket
Of your ripped jeans
Holdin' me closer
'Til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone
Wait for me to come home"
I look at Finnick and he just shrugs his shoulders.

"Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know (know)
I swear it will get easier
Remember that with every piece of ya
And it's the only thing we take with us when we die" I turned back around to find my friends holding long posters out and Peeta standing in the middle holding his hand out at me. I of course take it.

"We keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Our hearts were never broken
Times forever frozen still" Peeta walks me around. I look at the posters and see pictures of us both since the day we met until a date we had last week. My eyes get teary.

"So you can keep me
Inside the pocket
Of your ripped jeans
Holdin' me closer
'Til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone

And if you hurt me
That's OK, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

Wait for me to come home [4x]

Oh you can fit me
Inside the necklace you got when you were 16
Next to your heartbeat
Where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul" Peeta puts a heart shaped locket with always engraved on it around my neck and clips it. I look inside and in one of the sides there a picture of five year old us, Peeta and I hugging while he is kissing my cheek, and on the other side there's a picture of us in our first year anniversary kissing by the lake.

"And if you hurt me
Well, that's OK, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

When I'm away
I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost
Back on 6th street
Hearing you whisper through the phone,
Wait for me to come home." Just as the last line goes by Peeta shows me the last pater held by our friends and it says "Will you to Prom with me?"

I turn around and hug Peeta.

"Of course I'll go to Prom with you!" I exclaim and then we kiss while everyone cheers.

That was the best Promposal ever.

*One week later*

Today the girls and I are going dress shopping. Prom is Friday, which means we only have 4 days to have everything ready. All of us are going with our boyfriends and Johanna is going with Blight (I think that was the name I gave Johanna's crush.).

We look around for a while, checking many stores and shops. At around 5:00pm everyone but me has a dress.

"Come on, Kat! There's another store!" Glimmer squeals excitedly.

"But what if I don't find anything I like in that store, Glim." I ask already desperate and tired.

"Like in all the others then." Johanna mutters and I glare at her.

"Let's just keep our hopes up." Annie says.

"Come on just one more store, Kat?" Clove says trying to convince me.

"Fine." I say.

"Yay!" Glimmer exclaims.

We go in the store and look around for a while. Just as I was about to give up hope, I come across this beautiful dress.

The dress is a light sunset orange that reaches above my knees. The skirt part it's kind of fluffy but not too much. The top part is covered in sparkles and the stripes are made of them. The stripes are connected to a thicker stripe to clip around my neck (pic at the beginning). It's just beautiful.

I go try it on and it fits perfectly.

"Girls! I think I found the one!" I say and all of them come to where I am.

Everyone likes the dress so I buy it. I just hope Peeta will like it. We'll have to see at Prom. I can't wait.