Chapter 5 - The Meadow

*3 years later*

I wake up to my alarm clock and follow my everyday routine.

I start walking towards me and Peeta's meeting point as always. When I arrived I see the face I've been longing to see since yesterday afternoon. Peeta. He smiles at me and I smile back.

"Hi Katniss." says Peeta.

"Hey." I answer.

My crush towards h has been getting greater this past 3 years. He's been my best friend for 7 years now. I can't help but being in love with him.

"Do you want to hang out later?" He asks.

"I'd love that. What you wanna do?" I ask.

"Explore the woods."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

"Good."

The day goes by fast. We go to class hang out with our friends. Glare at the careers. Gale teasing me. Peeta protecting me. Just like every day. We also learned that we're going to be learning about "sex" at school. Yuck!

After school I meet Peeta by the entrance of school.
We make our way to the woods, exploring while talking about random things until we come across a beautiful meadow next to a crystal clear lake.

"Wow." Peeta and I say in unison.

We start to play around and do so for a while.

Finally Peeta speaks up. "You know Katniss, this could be our special secret place if you'd like?"

"That's a great idea "Peeta!" I exclaim.

We keep playing around until sunset. Peeta's favorite color all over the sky. The most amazing part is that because we're in the woods, when you look at the horizon you can see our favorite colors mix. Green and orange. Which make this work place for us even more special.

We had to hurry home after that. But it was worth it. We say our goodbyes and head home.

That night I dream of how would my life be if maybe one day I marry Peeta. It was the best dream I've ever had. Maybe one day it'll happen. Let's just hope.