Chapter 17 - Moving in

Today Peeta and I will be moving to the lake house. My dad is already in New York but decided to leave Prim to live with us (Peeta and I). I think it's partly to make sure we don't have it. Right now we are talking all of our stuff to the house.

It's Saturday and we decided to move yesterday which was Friday so I haven't seen Finnick yet. I really want to talk to him. He deserves to know about my mom and his dad.

Mine and Peeta's anniversary is tomorrow and I have a present for him. It's a locket which has a picture of us at 5, 12, and 16 (one year ago) inside it.

I think we'll spend it here at the lake and I'll send Prim off to Rue's, her best friend.

"We're here, Kat." Says Peeta taking me out of my thoughts.

"YAY!!!" Prim and I scream like little kids and Peeta chuckles.

Prim runs out of the car like a bullet probably to pick her room but what she doesn't know is that I've already reserved the biggest room for me and Peeta. Hopefully, he'll agree to sleep in the same room as me.

"We'll be sharing a room, right?" I ask.

"If that's what you want." Peeta says smiling slyly.

"That's what I want." I say and we head inside to unpack.

*the next day*

I wake up at the smell of pancakes and reckon that Peeta is not in bed anymore.

I run downstairs and see him making pancakes. I sneak up behind him and hug him around the waist.

"Happy anniversary, baby." I tell him.

He turns around and hugs me.

"Happy anniversary, love." He says. "Our pancakes will be ready in a minute."

"Ok."

I sit at the kitchen bar and watch Peeta cook. He's so adorable when he's focused. Heck! He's always adorable.

"Here you go." He says putting a plate of pancakes in front of me. "I have the whole day planned out. First, you'll get ready upstairs, then, we'll have a romantic picnic outside and then I'll give you your present."

"Sounds good to me." I say.

I then go upstairs and get ready. I take a shower and then change to (above/first page) and then go downstairs where Peeta is sitting on the couch. He's wearing a light blue button up shirt that makes his eyes stand out and dark jeans. He looks so handsome.

Peeta walks over to me and gives me a single primrose.

"You look lovely." He comments.

"Thanks. You look really handsome." I reply.

"Ready to go?"

"Yep."

We go outside where there's a beautiful romantic picnic set.

"It's beautiful." I tell Peeta.

"Not as beautiful as you." He says and I blush.

We sit on the blanket and take out the food. We eat cheese buns and sandwiches, which were deliciously made by Peeta, and drink a cup or two of wine.

"Now the presents." Says Peeta excitedly.

"Ok. I'll go first." I say.

"Ok."

I hand him his present. He opens it and looks at it. He looks at the pictures and then at me.

"Wow,Kat, this is awesome. Thanks." He says while putting the locket. "Here."

He hands me the present and I open it. It's a necklace the on one side reads and 'stay with me?' And on the other side it says 'Be
Frie' and it's shaped as a half heart.

"It's beautiful. But where's the other half?" I ask.

"I have it." He says and shows it to me. His half says 'always' in one side and 'st
nds' on it.

"I love it." I say. "And you."

"I love you too." He says.

After watching the sunset we go in and change to sleep.

After a few minutes of holding each other we drift off to a peaceful sleep.