Chapter 24 - YES!!!

Today we're graduating high school. I'm so excited. Lucky I'm not showing so much yet, or else I wouldn't fit in my dress. It's a beautiful dress. The top is one-shouldered, light baby pink, and silky. It has a sparkly belt in the middle, and the bottom is navy blue. My hair is in a braided half-up do and straight. My makeup is smoky style, and I'm wearing really high heals, yet I'm still not taller than Peeta. He's grown to be 6"3. Without the heals I'm up to his shoulder.

"Ready to go, love?" Peeta asks entering the room and hugging me from behind.

"Yes. Are you nervous Mr. Valedictorian?" I ask him.

"Yes, but I think I'll manage."

"Good. Let's go." I say grabbing my purse.

Peeta intertwines our hand and we walk to the car. He opens the door for me. I get in, and he goes around and we're off to school.

When we get there we're greeted by Finnick and Annie, who are apparently the first ones to get here.

"Hello, Katniss, Peeta. Want a sugar cube?" Finnick asks us as soon as we approach.

"No thanks." Peeta and I say at the same time.

"Your loss." Finnick says.

"We'll see about that when your teeth start to fall." I say.

"Until then I'll just enjoy." He answers.

"As you wish." I say.

Within the next few minutes the rest of the group get here. Soon we're called to take our positions.

I look to the audience and find my dad, Prim, Mr. Mellark, James, Rye, Willow, Finn, Rue, and Rory. Rory is Prim's crush and Gale's brother, but he's nothing like him.

My mom's not here. We haven't talked to each other since I announced that I was pregnant.

"Now welcome this years valedictorian, Peeta Mellark!" Principal Snow says.

"Hello everyone. I'm Peeta. These years in high school have been a roller coaster for me. I've some really rough as well as happy moments, but my friend always have my back. Most importantly, I found the love of my life. She's been my best friend since we were 5. We've been through everything together. I wouldn't change her for the world. She is at the moment two months pregnant with my child. I'm not going to say it was planned, but it's a blessing. I wouldn't have it any other way. I just want to say that I love the mother of my child so very much. Katniss could you come up here?" Peeta says.

I get up and go on stage. Peeta takes my hand and gets down in one knee. I gasp.

"Katniss Everdeen, I have loved you ever since we were 5. You're the most beautiful girl in the world, and I can't live without you. Would you do me the honor of marring me?" Peeta asks and opens a red velvet box with a ring on the inside. The ring is a gold band with a pearl on top surrounded by emeralds and diamonds.

"Yes! Yes, Peeta! Of course I'll marry you!" I say. Peeta puts the ring on my ring finger, and I jump into his arms. Everyone cheers.

We go back to our seats. Soon the ceremony is over and we're bombarded by congratulations from our friends and family.

"Guys we have an announcement." Annie says holding Finnick's hand.

"Annie's 3 months pregnant." Finnick says.

"Oh my god! That's amazing!!! Our kids can grow together!!! When did you find out?" I ask.

"Yesterday." They say in unison.

We all congratulate them.

"I also have something to say." Willow says. "Me and Finn are going on a date on Friday." All the girls squeal and congratulate them.

"You better take good care of my sister." Peeta tells Finn.

"Sure will." Finn says.

"Don't worry Peet, I'll be driving them." Rye says.

"Ok." Peeta says.

After about an hour of hanging out we all go home. I get into bed and have some really happy dreams.