Chapter 28 - Wedding

Six months later.

I am so nervous. Today is my wedding day and I can't shake this nervousness. I am afraid that Peeta will leave me at the altar and Willow Lilliana Mellark can't comfort me because she passed away. Peeta's little sister was the only one that could comfort me when it came to stuff that had to do with Peeta. So I just pick up my daughter who looks at me with her big blue eyes, identical to her father's, and smiles. This is the closest thing I'll to Peeta's sister, Willow, who would be so happy to see the baby we named after her.

"Nervous baby girl?" My dad asks as he enters the room.

"Yeah." I say.

"Are you having second thoughts?"

"God, no! But I'm afraid he might having them."

"I just saw him and he said the same thing about you." Dad chuckles. I smile. "You're ready princess?"

"Yes. Let's go." I say.

Willow and Finn walk in front of everyone being flower girl and ring bearer. Then goes Glimmer and Marvel, then Clove and Cato, then Johanna and Annie and lastly, Finnick and Prim being maid of honor and best man. I come with my dad and everyone's eyes are on me. I scan the crowd. All of my friends parents are here. Uncle Haymitch and Aunt Effie are here too. Mr. Mellark, James and even Mrs. Mellark are here too. My mom is also here but I didn't let her get near Willow. Finally, my eyes land on Peeta who stands under the willow since our wedding is in the meadow.

As soon as I reach the altar we both smile and my dad puts my hand is Peeta's.

"Take care of my daughter." Dad says.

"With my life, sir." Peeta tells him.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of this man and woman in the eyes of God, family and friends. If anyone has a reason as to why this two shouldn't be wedded speak now or forever hold your peace." The preacher says. We stand there in silence for a few nerve racking second and continue. "Moving on to the vows. Do you, Peeta Mellark, take Katniss Everdeen to be your lawfully wedded wife? To love her, comfort and keep her, and forsaking all other remain true to her as long as you both shall live?"

"I do" Peeta says and relief floods through me.

Do you, Katniss Everdeen, take Peeta Mellark to be your lawfully wedded husband? To love him, comfort and keep him, and forsaking all other remain true to him as long as you both shall live?" The preacher says.

"I do." I say

"Repeat." Says the preacher.

"I, Peeta Mellark, take thee Katniss Everdeen, to be my wife, and before God and these witnesses I promise to be a faithful and true husband." Peeta repeats after the preacher.

"I, Katniss Everdeen, take thee Peeta Mellark, to be my husband, and before God and these witnesses I promise to be a faithful and true wife." I repeat.

"Now for the rings." The preacher says.

"With this ring I thee wed, and all my worldly goods I thee endow. In sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, 'til death do us part." Peeta says slipping my ring on the proper finger. I repeat what he said and do the same for him.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The preacher says and Peeta and I share our first kiss as a married couple.

We walk down the isle, Peeta picking Willow up in the way and we get to the car that will take us to the reception.

At the reception

"Can we have the bride and groom for their first dance?!" Annie says into the microphone.

Peeta and I stand up and go to the middle of the dance floor.

"You look lovely, Mrs. Mellark." Peeta whispers in my ear as we sway around.

"I could say the same thing about you, Mr. Mellark." I say.

After a minute or two of dancing I feel something crush onto our legs. I look down to find Willow looking up at us.

"Look who decided to join us." Peeta says picking her up and Willow snuggles to him. She's already a daddy's girl. He starts to sway the three of us now as a family. And that's how our night ends. The three of us snuggled together in bed as an official family.