Chapter 29 - 2 year b-day

2 years later

Today is Willow 2nd birthday. It is amazing how much she's grown up. Peeta and I are throwing a party for her. All of the gang is coming. We stuck together through college luckily.

In the past two years things have changed a lot. Mr. and Mrs. Mellark got divorced because she still abused Peeta when he worked at the bakery. He married Johanna's mom. So now Johanna and Peeta are more like siblings than before. After we got married, Peeta took over his father's bakery, which is now the most famous in Panem. Annie and Finnick got married a month after us and Finn turned 2 three months ago. Cato and Clove and Marvel and Glimmer had a double wedding a year later. Clove and Cato have a nine month old baby named Sophie. Marvel and Glimmer have a three month old baby named Ruby. Johanna broke up with Blight a month after my wedding, but she has a 1 year old son named Byron. Nobody but her knows whose the father. Although, he looks awfully familiar. I don't think even the father knows.

Suddenly the doorbell rings and Willow jumps excitedly. Peeta opens the do to reveal Finnick, Annie, Clove, Cato, Finn and Sophie.

"Come on in guys!" Peeta exclaims cheerily.

"Finn!" Willow shirks excitedly.

"Will!" Finn responds on the same tone. They run towards each other and hug.

"You know, Peety, we should already start saving for their wedding." Finnick says jokingly.

"I think that might be a good idea." Peeta laughs. We all laugh too while Willow, Finn and Sophie just look at us confused.

"Why don't you guys go play outside?" I tell Willow.

She smiles and takes Finn's and Sophie's hand and start walking outside.

Soon Glimmer and Marvel come with Ruby.

"I swear, Willow and Finn are my new OTP." She says as she sees Finn give Willow a lily. We all just laugh at her excited as she rock little Ruby, who is already a fashionista like her mother even though she's only 3 months. 

Soon after, Johanna arrives with Byron.

"Jeez, you're late." I tell Johanna after she escorts Byron outside to play with the other kids.

"Well, Brainless, I don't really have a lover boy to help with Byron like you do." She says smiling sadly.

"Talking about Byron's father, who is he? I think it's time you tell us. After all, we are your best friend since kindergarten." Cato says.

"I'll tell you. If y'all promise not to get mad at me. Especially you, Brainless. " Johanna says.

"We won't, Jo." I assure her. If I were to get mad I'd be mad to whoever left Johanna and Byron.

"Ok. First, you need to know that I was really drunk and I wasn't over Blight just yet. Plus, you were all getting married and leaving me alone. I know you didn't do it purposely, though. So one night, a friend of mine threw a party and I went. I was drinking at the bar when this guy, who we all thought was bad and vicious, sat next to me and we started talking. Turns out he is actually really sweet and nice. He even apologized for everything he did to us and it seemed genuine. We got drunk. One thing led to another, and next thing I know, we wake up naked on the same bed. I lost my virginity and my phone that night. We agreed to never talk about what happened because, in a way, I was supposed to hate him. He apologized once more for all he did to us with that stupid blonde who had a crush on Peeta and said he was just a stupid high school boy then but had changed. We decided to be friends secretly. We even became best friends. A month later I found myself pregnant. I knew it was his. I had never had sex with anyone else. I completely cut out our communication. I even changed my phone number. Afraid of what he might think. 'Till this day, he still doesn't know about Byron, who looks like him more everyday. Byron's father is ... Gale." She says with a single tear running down her cheek, but she quickly wipes it. Everyone is silent. "I'm sorry."