Chapter 23 - Telling people

At around 5:00pm our first guests arrive. I open the door to find Finnick, Finn and Annie standing there.

"Hey, guys! Come on in." I say cheerily.

Annie must already know why they're here because she smiles big.

Peeta comes from the kitchen and wraps his arms around me from behind.

"Don't forget to tell Finnick." He whispered in my ear.

Oh yeah!

"Hey, FishBoy, can we talk?" I say signaling him to the living room while Peeta leads Finn and Annie outside where dinner will be held.

"What is it Kitty?" He asks.

"You know how my parents got divorced? *finnick nods* Well the reason they got divorced is because mom was cheating on my dad.... With yours." I say.

Finnick looks like he's just been slapped on the face.

"Wow. I don't know what to say." Finnick says.

"Katniss, Finnick! Come up! The guests are arriving!" We hear Peeta yell.

"Coming!" We say and head upstairs.

The whole gang arrives. After a while my dad comes. Minutes later Mr. Mellark, Rye, James and Willow arrive. Lastly my mom arrives.

"Prim! Come down! Dinner's ready!" Peeta calls for Prim. He'll be a great dad.

Prim appears outside soon enough and goes of to talk to Finn and Willow. Rue was also supposed to come but she's got the flu and couldn't come.

We all dine and make a good conversation. Peeta nudges me telling me is time for me time to tell everyone about the baby. I take a deep breath and tap my glass with my fork. Everyone turns to look at me.

"Well, we invite you all here tonight to tell you something really important." I take a deep breath. "I'm pregnant with Peeta's baby."

Everyone starts to celebrate and congratulate us. Our parents seem a little bit shocked and Peeta's brothers taunt us.

After the whole gang and our siblings congratulate us, Mr. Mellark comes up to us.

"I really don't know weather to congratulate you or scold you, Peeta." He says.

"It was an accident that but I don't regret it one bit." Peeta says.

"I guess it's no use scolding you anymore, so congratulations. If you ever need anything you know where to find me." Me. Mellark says.

"Thank you." Me and Peeta say in sync.

Next is my dad. Shit!

"I thought I said no funny business." He says in a serious, yet teasing, tone.

"Sorry?" I say looking down.

"Congrats." He says hugging me. "I always knew you and Peeta would have children together but I thought I had more time before becoming a granddad."

We laugh. Dad gives Peeta a pat on the back and moves on. Next my mother.

She approaches us with a glare and I swear, I want the earth to swallow me.

"You're too young." She says shaking her head. "You can't take care of it. I want you to have an abortion or give it up for adoption."

"Mom! There is no way I'm doing that! It's mine and Peeta's baby! You have no say in this! I want to keep it and I will!" I yell at her.

"Look I don't care if you continue being a slut and sleep around, as long as nobody knows! And that little monster inside you will ruin this family's reputation! I'm not gonna let you do that, Katniss!" She yells back.

"Don't you dare call my baby little monster! And btw Peeta is the only person I've ever slept with! That doesn't make me a slut! And look who's talking! The one that cheats on dad with my best guy friend's dad! If anything you are the one who ruined our reputation! I think you should go." I yell.

"Fine! Do whatever you want, but when things go wrong, don't come look for me!" She says.

"Fine!" I says and she leaves.

"Calm down, Kat. It's no good for the baby if you get stressed." Peeta says taking me in his arms.

I immediately relax.

"Well, let's continue this celebration." I say.

We all finish dinner and our guests leave.

"I'm *yawn* going to bed guys. Good night." Prim says and heads to her room.

"Night." Peeta and I say in unison.

We go to our room and cuddle to each other. Soon we both fall to a peaceful night of sleep.