Chapter 10 - The Date

After school I go straight home to get ready for my date with Peeta.

It was to decide on what to wear. Since we're going to the meadow, I'm wearing a  nice best top with a short skirt, not too short though, and flats.

I'm done getting ready just in time seeing that just as I finish putting on my lipgloss, the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it!" I yell.

On the door stands a nicely dress but not too fancy Peeta. He looks really handsome.

"Hello, Katniss. You look stunning." He says.

"Thank you, Peeta. You look really handsome."

"Thanks. Shall we?"

"We shall. Bye mom. Bye dad. Bye Prim!" I yell before closing the door and we head to the meadow.

Once we arrive, Peeta helps me out of the car and takes out a picnic basket. We walk until we reach our favorite spot and we dig in.

"I brought something for you." Says Peeta taking a plate of cheese buns out of the basket.

"Thank you so much!!!" I say and hug him before digging in.

After a while of comfortable silence Peeta asks "How long have you liked me for? I mean as more than a friend. "

"Since always." I answer shyly. "How long have you liked me?"

"Since always." He answers.

After a nice afternoon with Peeta he takes me home and kisses me goodbye.

After that I go to sleep, hoping for tomorrow to be as good as today.