Chapter 9 - the Monday After

The weekend of the sleepover I spent it with Peeta and the group. We had fun going to the beach and eating pizza.

Today's Monday. Peeta picked me up today. We're on our way to school right now. I'm kind of nervous since the group, Peeta and I have a plan to put Peeta's and my relationship to the light. But we can only hold hands until lunch. It's gonna be hard. We could hardly keep our hands off of each other the whole week. That's why the group did this plan.

"You ready?" Asks Peeta once we reach school.

"As I'll ever be."

"One more thing before we get out." He kisses me full on the lips and we start making out until there's a knock on the window.

"Alright love birds, you gotta wait 'till lunch." Says Johanna.

"Fine." I say.

We get out of the car and walk hand-in-hand towards our first class. We get a lot of looks. Guess the plan is working. Let them get suspicious before acting.

--*time skip to lunch*--

I'm about to enter the lunch room when I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around me. Peeta.

"Ready?" He whispers in my ear.

"Ready." I whisper back.

"Come on then."

We walk in hand-in-hand to the middle of the lunch room then Peeta turns me around so that I'm facing him and we both lean in. We start making out and I feel people staring at us.

When we pull apart and go sit with our friends.

After a while Peeta asks me "Katniss, would you like to go out with me later today?"

"Sure. Where to?"

"Our place."

"I'd love that."

"Ok. Pick you up at 5?"

"Okay."