Chance

(Y/N) P.O.V

There was nothing in this entire world that could make my day anymore shittier then it already was. I had been in the studio for hours trying to write my final song for my album but writers block was kicking my ass. I'm hungry, tired, frustrated and unmotivated. I don't know why.

I let out a heavy sigh, continuing to spin my pen in between my fingers. The notebook has been written and erased so many times it looked like some kid just scribbled all over.

"Still nothing" I heard a raspy familiar voice call out. I turned my head not bothering to lift it off the table. Hailee was walking in, brushing her hair off her shoulders. I felt this intense feeling cover my body. Nervousness and anxiety. Truth was, Hailee was my friend... and crush.

We've worked on plenty of songs together and hang out a lot. But lately, the more I spend time with her, the more my feelings for her grows.

I wonder if she also feels the energy whenever we are in the same room as I do? Doubt it.

"Nope." I sighed sitting up on my chair. "I'm not allowed to leave this room until I write my last song. Managers orders" I mocked the last part. She laughed and sat by my side placing a bag of McDonald's in front of me. She placed her hand on my forearms and gave me a soft smile. I can never read Hailee's mind when she does little things like that. I just don't want to cross any lines. Thinking it's something when it's nothing at all.

"Well you can still eat something. Here let me help you" she took the nuggets and fries out of the bag and then grabbed my notebook. She took the pen, tapping the end on her corner lips. She pouted her lips just a bit, before biting her bottom lip.

I wonder if she knows how often I think of her. I'm always over thinking when it comes to her and my feelings. Some days I'm confident to scoot closer to her, other days I find myself at a distance. But right now, I don't know.

"You should get some rest. Maybe in the morning something will pop into the beautiful little brain of yours" she laughed tapping my forehead.

"My brain is small but I got a lot of bread" I said taking a bite out of my nuggets. "If you wanna leave all that bad you can go. I'm not forcing you to be here" I sighed once more.

I really didn't want Hailee to go. Leaving just as friends, that feeling always stung. But at the end, I always end up letting her go.

"Nah, hanging out with you is better then spending my Friday nights at home doing nothing" Hailee laughed, eating the fry I had in my hand.

I know that if I do take that chance and confess my feelings it will be a big fat N.O. Never maybe. Hailee was to good for me. Everyone wants to date her, and she already had a line of potential suitors. I know Hailee would never take a chance on me.

"Excuse me for a sec" I said standing up. Hailee narrowed her eyes looking at me but simply nodded her head. She didn't bother to move, only kept looking down at the paper. When I walked out of the room I felt as thought I could finally breathe.

"How did it go" I heard Selena say in a humorous tone.

"We'll never know" I sighed once more. Selena and I were great friends and despite my efforts to keep my feeling for Hailee a secret, Selena was able to see right through me. She figured it out and has since been trying to force me into confessing my feelings.