i

2nd Floor ;
Evankhellʼs Hell ;

"Heʼs later than I expected," Khun unconsciously mumbled out loud, a scowl almost permanently plastered upon his features as he stared at the distant sky detestably. Yes, it was that bullshit guardianʼs fault that the most important things he prepared all this time became all for naught.

Yet why was he the one who was wallowing over his own despair like he was the one who messed up?

Exasperatedly, he sighed. The familiarity of this scenery was more overwhelming than he thought, and it doesnʼt help one bit that everywhere he set his sights on, reminded him of their first meeting. Tall patches of sunlit switchgrass, the strong stench of blood, eminent screams signifying their failures, and a prematurely structured young teenager standing in the middle of the busy battlefield- a faint stance and a weak grip, much so like a frail rabbit and eyes staring straight ahead, determined to cut down whoever stood in his way despite his trembling. Though it was clear that at that state Bam wouldnʼt have the heart to land such a lethal blow, Khun admits that it was pretty-

"Cute," the bluenet chuckled at the memory and was left once more to lose himself in his own thoughts. Although it would not be long because his body would move by itself to dodge the gigantic spear hurled towards him.

"Dude!" He unconsciously froze a portion of the grassland which countered the weapon as he glared at the brazen crocodillian mutant marching towards his location, acting as haughty as he was in his first life. "What. The. Hell."

"I want you to fight me, bitch-" the former stopped and blatantly sniffed the air around him, and as if struck with disbelief, he glared at Khun with twice the hostility. "Youʼre strong, but not strong enough to be worthy of me, the almighty, Rak Wraithraiser!"

His voice boomed as if it could be heard all throughout Evankhellʼs floor and the ground beneath them shook as he stomped. Rak was more flamboyant than he remembered after they continued travelling through higher levels. Still, Khun hid his snicker (and inner delight) and directed a sharp glare, because he was still annoyed with the creatureʼs grand entrance that almost cost him his head. Seriously, how in the world did the three of them form such a profound relationship again?

"Why are you masking yourself with that powerful scent when it does not belong to you?!" Rakʼs mouth formed an obvious frown, clearly upset that the objective he had pursued hadnʼt been met. He picked up his fallen spear and struck it upright, the bottom boring through the soil. "Bring me the owner at once, you impostor!"

Has he finally gone senile? 'No,' the bluenet thought. The crocodileʼs instincts have always been spot on. Even in the beginning he had the sense to locate the Thirteen Month Series, and had the knack for ancient weapons. Does this mean that he had picked up on whatever the guardian bestowed upon him? Or, perhaps was it Bamʼs innate aura that he catches on?

What?

"How can you hunt something that isnʼt even here?" he asked, the vivid disappointment rather directed at himself as he clutched the mabarondennaʼs handle tightly, the weight becoming more apparent than it was before he thought about it.

If the worst comes and he couldnʼt meet Bam in the same field as before, he could always just threaten a facilitator into deep-searching the entire floor for him, but he thought that itʼs not really a suitable choice considering he was currently responsible for a few lives he had tucked inside the bag.

"So you do know him! Give me my prey now, Blue Turtle!"

As Rak started to throw another childish tantrum, slashing his humongous weapon towards the latterʼs afterimages, Khun decided to locate the rest of the people he tolerated enough to allow them to call him their teammate. There was no use trying to rack his brain in determining loopholes of the said destiny, when they had every power to take Bam away from him again. He needs to think. Rationally.