chapter twenty-one | 4th of july

[4 days later. It's the 4th of July.]

(Still Dixies POV)

I woke up around 10 am. Today was the 4th of July so I heard fireworks all night long. I didn't get the best sleep. But eh.

Today, all of our friends were coming to my parents house to celebrate together. Noah was also coming. Yay. They are going to get here around 4 so I had time for myself.

Charli, my mom and I went out to get our nails done the day before. Since it was a holiday, we all got some sort of red, white and blue on our nails. Ive never really like decorative nails but these ones were cool.

"Dixie! Come help us with food!" My mom yelled from downstairs. "Ok I'm coming!" I yelled back. Today I was surprisingly in a good mood.

I ran downstairs to the kitchen where my parents and charli were making food and getting everything ready. "What do I have to do?" I asked

"Help char put up decorations" my dad chipped in. "Ok" charli and I went outside and set up some decorations.

-

It was 3:30 and I finally decided to shower and start getting ready for people to arrive. I showered and dried off. I put on a white dress that was just above my knees. Something basic but cute.

Charli came into my room wearing a red dress "does this look good?" She asked

Charli came into my room wearing a red dress "does this look good?" She asked. "Yeah, you look good in it" I smiled "Kk, thanks" she smiled and walked back out. uh ok then.

Today was going to be a fun day. I was super excited. I loved the Fourth of July because of the fireworks. They were my favorite part. It was almost 4 so until then I just laid in bed on my phone, scrolling through instagram.

I realized I haven't posted in a while so I was definitely going to get pictures today with family and friends. Maybe Noah if he wanted to.

Before I knew it, it was 4:20 and quite a bit of people were here already. My backyard was big so it fit a lot of people. The Becks came, as well. They were the first ones here and I wondered why Noah hasn't come to me yet.

[downstairs]

No ones POV:

Noah walked up to Heidi. "Hey Heidi! Where's Dixie?" He asked. Heidi turned to him and smiled "hi noah! Nice to see you again, and I think she's upstairs in her room!"

"Ok thanks" he smiled and started to walk upstairs. Charli stopped him "noah where are you going?" She asked. He turned around "upstairs to your sister"

"Didn't you guys like, break up?" She asked. "Yeah...we're friends again.." he chuckled. "Oh ok, carry on then" she let out a little laugh and walked away.

He continued walking upstairs and reached Dixies room. He knocked on the door.

Noahs POV:

"Dixie" i said as i knocked. "Who is it?" She shouted. "It's your ex boyfriend" I joked. "Oh. I don't want you if your my ex" I heard a giggle.