chapter twenty-six | people who care

Noahs POV:

It's been 2 days. I fucked up. I told Dixie that I never loved her..which was really fucked up and not true because I've always loved her and I always will. I'm not ready to talk to her yet, but hopefully soon. I told Addison to tell her to not contact me again because last time she was a crazy ex.

Today my family and I are going back to Arizona for the week. I'm super excited because I get to see my grandparents and cousins again...but the sad thing is I'm going because my grandfather is dying..

Him and I were always so close. We had an unbreakable bond. This is gonna be hard on me.

We were leaving at 10 to get on our flight at 2. I packed the night before, very unprepared but that was always me.

The only thing that I forgot was my charger..which was at Dixies apartment. Fuck. I'll just buy another one. No big deal. I didn't want to confront her just yet.

"Noah! Come on, we're leaving!" Addison yelled up to me. "Ok, I'm coming" I walked downstairs to my family and we left to go to the airport.

We checked in, went through security, and boarded our flight. Surprisingly we left right at 2 pm. That never happens.

Dixies POV:

I was still laying in my bed. In the clothes that i wore the night of the misunderstanding. I didn't feel like changing and plus I had just gotten my period yesterday.

Amelie is coming over today to hangout, as well as my sister, Charli. I was happy that I still had people who cared about me.

Although I haven't told anyone that I have been cutting myself. I wanted it to just be my secret. I've been wearing hoodies a lot, nobody has questioned it which is good.

"Hey dixie!" Amelie walked into my apartment. "Heyyy!" I got up and hugged her. A much needed hug. "How are you?" She asked. "I'm ok" I smiled

We hung out and chatted until charli came which was 10 minutes later. We watched movies and made popcorn, my favorite.

"So, have you talked to Kio?" Charli asked. "No and I don't plan on it..I lost my childhood best friend and my somewhat boyfriend who told me he never loved me.." My eyes started getting watery.

Amelie and Charli engulfed me in a hug. "Everything's gonna be ok, we promise" charli kissed my head. "Hopefully" I sighed. "We love you" "I love you guys too" I smiled and wipes my tears.

Around 10 pm, the girls were about to go home, "hey actually do you wanna spend the night?" I asked. "I would love to!" Amelie smiled. "Um of course!!"

I smiled. I love these girls so much. Not to mention I also lost my other best friend, Addison.

The girls and I headed to my room and laid in my bed. It was tight but we made it work.. Having someone to cuddle was the best feeling, even if it wasn't your boyfriend.

Amelie noticed my wrist. "Dixie.." she said. "What's up?" "What happened to your wrist?" She asked. Charli looked at my wrist. "Dixie"

i looked down, "I-I'm sorry". "It's ok" Amelie hugged me "tell us what happened". charli rubbed my back.

"The night Noah left me..I-I cut myself.." I looked down. "Hey it's ok..please don't do it again tho.." Amelie rubbed my leg. "I won't...maybe"

"Dixie! Don't do it again" charli reassured. "Ok, I won't" I laid back down and almost immediately fell asleep with the comfort of people in my bed.

I had a dream about Noah and I...

————

A/N:
Sorry this chapter is so short. I ran out of ideas. Next chapter something exciting will happen😏

Have an amazing day/night<3

Word count: 649