that book 5 au

quick little PSA i guess lol. this takes place during that alternate universe where the war has continued into their adulthood that sabrina and daphne visit in book 5. also, expect some angst because, why not, and enjoy! :)

"Puck, what did Granny tell you about playing in the sword closet?" Sabrina asked, wrapping a bandage around the teenager's arm.

"I thought they would be the same as my wooden one!"

"Puck! I've let you handle my sword before, you should know it's very different than your piece of wood."

"Hey! It is not a piece of wood! It's a sophisticated weapon of battle!"

Sabrina lightly laughed and played with his hoodie strings.

"Whatever you say, Goodfellow," she mumbled before leaning forward and kissing him.

He smiled and grabbed her face. They sat there for a few seconds before they heard Henry calling their names.

Puck sighed and dropped his hands.

"Why can't we tell your dad?" he whined, leaning back in his chair.

"You know why," she whispered.

He sighed and rested his head on her lap. "I just want to stop hiding. I've been doing it for so long and now I have to do it all over again. And don't get me STARTED on how I'm hiding from another strict dad!"

Sabrina sighed and petted his head. "I know, fairy boy. I know."

"Puck, what did I tell you about playing in the sword closet?" Granny scolded as the two walked out of the medical tent.

"I'm sorry, Relda," Puck said, looking down at his feet and rubbing his unwounded arm.

Sabrina and her sister rolled their eyes and she grabbed his hand, dragging him towards her family.

"So, what's the plan today? Train and train and train and-" she started to say before getting interrupted by her Uncle.

"Yes, but your father and I have been talking," he said, side-eyeing Henry. "And we think you're finally ready to join us in patrols."

"Really?!" she exclaimed, unknowingly grabbing her boyfriend's hand.

Henry gave them a look and Sabrina quickly dropped his hand. But Puck...well Puck was worried, to say the least.

"But, she can't!" he protested.

"Why not?" Jake asked, turning towards the fairy.

"Well...because she's too young! She's only fifteen and a half!"

"Yes, but Henry and I started playing with magic wands before we could talk! She'll be fine with us, I promise."

While it was not known the two were dating, it WAS known that Puck had a soft spot for the girl. He always had.

While he was fuming with anger, Sabrina turned towards him and shook her head. He cooled down a bit and took a deep breath.

"I'll talk to you later," she whispered to him. "But yes, I'll join you guys," she responded, turning back to her uncle and dad.

"Look, Grimm, I don't think you shouldn't go, but I don't think you should go."

Sabrina heavily sighed and flopped onto her bed. The two were taking a break from training to...discuss what had happened earlier.

"I'll be fine, Puck. I trust my dad and uncle to keep me safe, and so should you."

He sighed as well and sat on her bed. Sabrina sat up and took his hand, playing with his fingers.