roadtrip

"FAMILY MEETING!"

Those horrid words rang throughout the house and fifteen-year-old Sabrina Grimm sighed and rolled off her bed. She and a few others headed down the stairs and took seats in the living room.

The person who rang these words was none other than Veronica Grimm and a smile grew on her face once everyone was seated.

"What do you think this is about?" Puck whispered to Sabrina from his spot next to her.

"I don't know. Maybe if you shut up and listen, you'll find out," Sabrina responded.

Puck rolled his eyes and Veronica cleared her throat.

"Hello, family! So, Henry, Jake, and I have come to the decision that we will be taking a family road trip to Yellowstone. We have purchased minivan, but Jake placed a permanent spell on the inside so there's room for all of us. There are now five rows, three rows of two seats, and two rows of connected seats. Henry, Jake, and I will be switching between the driver, passenger, and a seat in the third row. In the second row, it'll be Relda and Canis, in the third, one of us three and Pinocchio, in the fourth row, it's Daphne and Red, and finally, Puck and Sabrina in the back. We can't make expectations and we leave in three weeks. We'll be gone most of the summer, but I promise it'll be a fun summer."

Sabrina sighed and scooted as far away from the fairy as she could, but it wasn't that far, considering she was sitting next to him.

"What? You're not excited to sit next to me all summer in a hot box of metal?" he teased.

"No! It's not that. it's just......."

"It is that. Goodness, Grimm. You could be a bit more subtle about it."

Sabrina rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest. "I just don't want to sit next to a guy who bottles his farts."

"I stopped doing that three years ago!"

Sabrina rolled her eyes again and Puck nudged her arm. "Hey, it'll be fun. And you'll get used to me."

"Hopefully," she muttered as she stood up and walked back upstairs to her room.

A few days before they set off, Sabrina stood in front of her closet, clothes all over the floor and an empty suitcase sitting on her bed.

She huffed out her breath of frustration and looked at the mess around her feet. "What am I going to pack?" she whispered.

"Sweatpants, hoodies, sweatpants, sweatpants, t-shirts, oh, did I mention sweatpants?" a voice said from behind her. She quickly turned around and found Puck standing in the open doorway, leaning against the wooden frame.

"Oh, shut up," she responded, turning back around to face her closet.

"Seriously though, you'll look good in anything."

This caught Sabrina off-guard. She slowly turned around and gave him a look.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you look good in anything."

She tried to hold her laugh, but a bit came out. She expected him to leave, but as she was about to bend down and pick up a shirt, a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist.

"Puck?"

"I just want a hug."

She sighed and turned around, shimmying her arms underneath his so she could wrap them around his upper torso.

After a few seconds, though, she let go.

"We need to pack. I'll see you at dinner."

The fairy boy sighed and smiled before leaving and heading back into his own messy forest.