wooden sword

I'm writing this at 12 am so hehe enjoy

A sixteen years old Sabrina was sitting in her room when there was a knock on her door.

She placed her book down on the bed and opened the door. A blonde curly haired boy stood in the doorway, his forest green eyes missing the oh so familiar shine. His usual evil smirk was replaced by a frown.

"Hey, are you okay?" she asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked back.

"Yeah, yeah come in."

Puck entered her room and sat down on her bed. Sabrina sat next to him and started slowly rubbing his back when Puck placed his face in his hands.

"What's wrong?" she whispered, afraid a louder voice would break him.

"Mustardseed. He died. Of some bacteria in his food or something. But he's gone. He's gone, Sabrina."

The poor boy shook with sobs and Sabrina pulled him into a hug. The fairy cried into her shoulder and Sabrina rested her chin on his shoulder, continuing to slowly rub his back.

"He wa-was also th-the one wh-who gave me the wooden sword for my bir-birthday and now it feels wrong to ho-hold it," Puck managed to choke out when he pulled away from the hug.

Sabrina grabbed his hands and gave him a soft smile. "Puck, he's only gone if you forget about him in your heart. He may be physically gone, but never emotionally or mentally. And if you ever need to cry or talk, I'm only one knock away."

Puck nodded and pulled her back into a hug. She only hugged him for a bit before pulling away and standing up.

She pulled him up by his hands and the two walked into his forest bedroom.

"Now, show me where you keep the sword," Sabrina said, taking one of his hands into hers.

Puck nodded and picked her up bridal style. They flew deep into the forest before Puck set her on the ground.

He flew up to the top of a tree and came back down a minute later, holding the infamous wooden sword.

When he landed in front of her, tears started pouring out of his eyes.

Sabrina cupped his face with her hands and wiped the tears off his face with her thumbs.

"It's okay. Let it out," she whispered.

And they stood there, Sabrina wiping the tears and Puck crying them.

"So, can you tell me the story of the sword?" Sabrina asked.

Puck nodded but didn't meet Sabrina's eyes.

"It was my birthday. My dad always forgot, but my mother would always give me small gifts, just to show that she remembered, you know? Well, one year, even my mom forgot. So I was sulking in my room late at night, when I got a knock at my door. It was Mustardseed. And he was holding the sword. He said that he had been working on it for about a month or two and wanted it to be my birthday gift. We hugged for a long time, but he then said he had to go to bed. The next day, my dad banished me. I took only a crown, some food, and this sword. And everytime I used it, I would think of him. And now, he's gone."

"Wow, that's really a story. But maybe holding the sword and carrying it around with you will help," Sabrina said after the story.

"Yeah, maybe."

"You know, maybe having a sword fight would help? I still have the sword I used in the war and maybe putting the sword to use would help with the grief."

Puck nodded and brought Sabrina back to the door. She quickly came back and made sure to step over the booby traps.

At first, she couldn't find the fairy. But suddenly, he popped out from behind a tree.

"En garde!" he yelled, sticking his arm out.

Sabrina raised her sword and fought with the fairy.

It doesn't matter who won, it only matters that Puck finally got his groove back.